Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christmas at UCL must had been fun looking at the goodies in the shop window, Pigs heads trays of black tripe and big jewels of Calfs liver ;)

giphy.gif
Looks like a young Paul Dickov on the right.

And she's right.

The food here is shite and always has been.

An embarrassment for such a big city.

There are loads of good places to eat, food is food and if the chef is any good then it'll taste good.

I wonder if she means that she can't eat anywhere without the riff raff and hoi poloi around her?

Desperate times…
There’s plenty of great places to eat in Manchester, Stockport and generally the North West. Italians are the snoutiest cunts when it comes to food, just in front of the French and Spanish.

One thing I’d agree with is that the standard of fruit and veg from shops is incomparable but if she’s talking about restaurants then she obviously hasn’t explored enough.

Reactions: PPT
Boiled spuds, sauerkraut and curry wurst are not exactly culinary delicacies are they though? How often after a few pints have heard anyone say: 'I know, lets go for a German'?

She's Italian, bud.

She's also correct the emphasis in Manchester is towards serving alcohol and the food quality comes second.

Quality restaurants aren't here in droves because we don't have a lunch scene, as opposed to London.

That's not a criticism, just the reality.

Jay Rayner disagrees.

I'd rather take culinary advice from his mum Claire.

Everywhere has its place, but Manchester city centre is more concerned with how the bar styling is, rather than what is coming out of the kitchen.

Decent food at Sugo in Alty and Sale, Hawksmoor is decent enough, but the list is very small when it comes to classic dining, if that is what you are after.

I like Capo in the Northern Quarter, but people in Manchester don't have the pockets to pay regularly for top food.

I was at Heston's pub grill in Bray the other week, absolutely shit on every level.

Ten years ago Tevez was stating Manchester had just two decent restaurants and one of them was Gaucho, which was stretching it.

Rwanda was recently voted the world's ninth-safest country and Africa's safest country by the World Economic Forum. It's got one of the lowest crime rates of any African city – in Kigali, locals and tourists can happily stroll along the park-lined boulevards long after the sun has sunk beneath the distant hills.
Of course none of the 662,000 Tutsis massacred in 1994 got a vote!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.