Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can't find something decent to eat in Manchester City Centre nowadays you just aren't looking in the right places to be fair, much much better than any other Northern City
Agreed. Plenty of great places to eat in and around Manchester. Loads of variety and good food suitable for all budgets. I think anyone saying otherwise either doesn't tend to get out much or is stuck in the 1980s!

She's Italian, bud.

She's also correct the emphasis in Manchester is towards serving alcohol and the food quality comes second.

Quality restaurants aren't here in droves because we don't have a lunch scene, as opposed to London.

That's not a criticism, just the reality.
I guess it's what you define as 'Quality Restaurants'. Agreed Michelin starred eateries are thin on the ground if you like that kind of thing (not for me) but to say they are no (or very few) decent restaurants in Manchester these days is just incorrect in my opinion. It was a dearth for a lot of years that much is for sure, but in recent years it's come on leaps and bounds. Bologna Manchester ain't and never will be. But if you can't find a few decent places to eat you aren't really looking to hard.

And she's right.

The food here is shite and always has been.

An embarrassment for such a big city.

Some absolutely brilliant restaurants out there.

Hawksmoor
Dishoom
Fazenda
El Gato Negro
Tast
Sweet Manderin
Tatuu
Rudy’s Pizza
Dimitris

Take note people. I eat out a lot and these places are as good as I’ve been to anywhere :)

She's obviously not tastes the chicken ding at The Piccadilly.

Instant panty dropped that...*

*Running to the bogs before you have an accident.

I guess it's what you define as 'Quality Restaurants'. Agreed Michelin starred eateries are thin on the ground if you like that kind of thing (not for me) but to say they are no (or very few) decent restaurants in Manchester these days is just incorrect in my opinion. It was a dearth for a lot of years that much is for sure, but in recent years it's come on leaps and bounds. Bologna Manchester ain't and never will be. But if you can't find a few decent places to eat you aren't really looking to hard.

Some people still think it’s 2005. So many amazing places to eat now in Manchester. Truth is, most people just don’t know about them or where to look. They’re looking out for a Michelin star like you say instead of looking out for great food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.