Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not directed at you mate, but sometimes when I hear this, I get the impression there’s an element of snobbery and of someone trying to be edgy, because it’s almost become expected of them to say it, when imo it’s far from the truth.
But it is true that M/cr should have a raft of top restaurants and has not done so since 1930s.

Some absolutely brilliant restaurants out there.

Hawksmoor
Dishoom
Fazenda
El Gato Negro
Tast
Sweet Manderin
Tatuu
Rudy’s Pizza
Dimitris

Take note people. I eat out a lot and these places are as good as I’ve been to anywhere :)
I’d add Don Marco and St Urchin there’s a few other’s that spring to mind, saying that Newcastle pisses on Manchester when it comes to eating out.

She's Italian, bud.

She's also correct the emphasis in Manchester is towards serving alcohol and the food quality comes second.

Quality restaurants aren't here in droves because we don't have a lunch scene, as opposed to London.

That's not a criticism, just the reality.

The lunch time scene normally means the tab is being picked up by the firm. That always makes the food taste better ;)

Any crumb of comfort for sections of the media has been wiped away,Haaland has been here 2 mins and instead of enjoying his goals and him playing in the premier league..they immediately are asking after a match does he have a release clause for Real Madrid,I know it’s a tired cliché but would they be asking the same of the rags or red scousers if he was playing for them we all know the answer..
That rumour has come from Spain. Real’s first salvo in a long campaign to unsettle our man.

Get yourselves on the Manchesters Finest site. I watch videos all the time of them reviewing independent restaurants in and around Manchester and there’s some proper hidden gems that are on my list next time I’m over.
You don’t have to stay within the City centre to find some great looking places.
Always makes me chuckle when people bemoan about the standard of food in that neck of the woods. Seems some just don’t bother looking too hard to find quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.