Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it is true that M/cr should have a raft of top restaurants and has not done so since 1930s.
Maybe mate, us and thousands of other cities, although that’s not what I was questioning, but I wonder if some of that is because of this stigma that seems to be attached to the city in a culinary sense ?
The people who often say it, just serve to perpetuate the myth the food here is shit, but If you secretly got their favourite chef to cook for them in Manchester, then Paris, London etc etc, I bet most would put the Manchester one at the bottom of their list, just because it’s what they’re used to thinking.

I'd rather take culinary advice from his mum Claire.

Everywhere has its place, but Manchester city centre is more concerned with how the bar styling is, rather than what is coming out of the kitchen.

Decent food at Sugo in Alty and Sale, Hawksmoor is decent enough, but the list is very small when it comes to classic dining, if that is what you are after.

I like Capo in the Northern Quarter, but people in Manchester don't have the pockets to pay regularly for top food.

I was at Heston's pub grill in Bray the other week, absolutely shit on every level.

Ten years ago Tevez was stating Manchester had just two decent restaurants and one of them was Gaucho, which was stretching it.
Come on mate. I think you’re getting ideas above your station if you think you’re better placed than Jay Rayner to critique the eateries of our great city. We all know Gundogs missus is talking absolute bollocks. There’s loads of top places. Bet Pep was displeased that she’s effectively saying his place Tast is also shit. She could always hire a private chef instead of moaning.

Maybe mate, us and thousands of other cities, although that’s not what I was questioning, but I wonder if some of that is because of this stigma that seems to be attached to the city in a culinary sense ?
The people who often say it, just serve to perpetuate the myth the food here is shit, but If you secretly got their favourite chef to cook for them in Manchester, then Paris, London etc etc, I bet most would put the Manchester one at the bottom of their list, just because it’s what they’re used to thinking.

100% The best Chef I know runs a 40 cover gastro pub in the Lake District, well off the beaten track and he has actively tried his hardest to avoid getting a reputation for serving 'fancy' food (over the last few years he has started picking up AA rosettes much to his disgust) he did work down in London in a couple of Michelin starred restaurants for a few years previous, but got sick to death of it when all he wanted to do was cook decent food at an affordable price. We've eaten together at L'Enclume and Northcotes etc and as much as I enjoyed the food, he is better (he doesn't agree).

Someone a few years ago did a prank and got ranked number 1 on TripAdvisor serving M&S ready meals out of their back Garden because of the location and the celebs that were getting free meals and then telling everyone how good the food was... I will try and find the link

Some absolutely brilliant restaurants out there.

Hawksmoor
Dishoom
Fazenda
El Gato Negro
Tast
Sweet Manderin
Tatuu
Rudy’s Pizza
Dimitris

Take note people. I eat out a lot and these places are as good as I’ve been to anywhere :)
Correct. You can’t tell me these places serve frozen food. She’s talking bollocks.

Any crumb of comfort for sections of the media has been wiped away,Haaland has been here 2 mins and instead of enjoying his goals and him playing in the premier league..they immediately are asking after a match does he have a release clause for Real Madrid,I know it’s a tired cliché but would they be asking the same of the rags or red scousers if he was playing for them we all know the answer..
They’ve been trying to drive Pep out of City for five years so there’s your answer. Not sure any other country’s sports media would behave in that way

I try to ignore those with an agenda these days but when they start claiming their concern for football is about how much City have invested in infrastructure I find it laughable. They should be pointing the finger at those owners who take from their clubs and don’t invest in infrastructure, community and home city.

They then say it’s about where the money comes from… well if it’s about money from the UAE then Arsenal started receiving transformational income from the UAE before City (and built ‘infrastructure’, I.e. the stadium which helped them become more profitable). Also, every club in the FA Cup basically takes money from the UAE - they are all wrong if it’s about where it comes from.

Then they go back to ‘it’s about the level of investment’ - ah! So it is right to take money from the UAE but only if it doesn’t improve certain clubs then?

Then they’ll talk about human rights - yes, that is something to care about but of course the amount of money is irrelevant. Challenge every sports club or organisation that takes money from the UAE then if that’s the issue you’re fighting for. Best to start with the FA then.

It gets too tiring to challenge them but if we all stick to facts and question what the real issue is then it all becomes obvious.
Well said Gary

Not a surprise. A probably, talentless attention seeker who got more followers when she married Ilkay, says something controversial that is consistent with the narrative from a southern based press, to get more clicks. Apart from that she's probably a lovely person.
The players and management frequent a number of Italian restaurants. Maybe she's referring to the one in Failsworth they have their do's at or San Carlo's.
My two Italian pals swear by Salvi’s for city centre and Vesuvio in Salford for further out

If...

We win the league by over 100 points

The League cup with our second string beating dips in the final

Spank the rags in the FA Cup final

Ditto Bayern Munich in the champs league final.

Haarland scores 75 Premier League goals.

I'd expect to see load of articles on why winning the Community Shield ruined Liverpool's season.

100% The best Chef I know runs a 40 cover gastro pub in the Lake District, well off the beaten track and he has actively tried his hardest to avoid getting a reputation for serving 'fancy' food (over the last few years he has started picking up AA rosettes much to his disgust) he did work down in London in a couple of Michelin starred restaurants for a few years previous, but got sick to death of it when all he wanted to do was cook decent food at an affordable price. We've eaten together at L'Enclume and Northcotes etc and as much as I enjoyed the food, he is better (he doesn't agree).

Someone a few years ago did a prank and got ranked number 1 on TripAdvisor serving M&S ready meals out of their back Garden because of the location and the celebs that were getting free meals and then telling everyone how good the food was... I will try and find the link
Haha that last bit did make me laugh mate :-D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.