Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ridiculous that some in the media tried to find a negative angle on a 4-0 home win. Yesterday I couldn't go so I had to watch the US broadcast coverage (NBC) on a dodgy stream. The overall tone was positive and aspirational. Not just the City coverage but the way they covered all the PL games. I hadn't watched US coverage for years but I found it a breath of fresh air. What came across was a love of football with no bias and the tactical analysis was also miles ahead of SKY and BBC.
What has happened to the UK sports media? They should be celebrating our national sport but everything is distorted and reported through a negative filter. Coverage is dominated by the collapse of United. I accept it's a big story but most fans in the country don't support United. For example the Everton/Villa match was reported through the stale Lampard/Gerrard narrative. Who gives a shit? The whole UK media industry is fixated on the past.
this is one of the by-products of a league and associated media that gets to big for its boots - it just plods on with what may have paid the bills, or satisfies a powerful lobby, and trots out tropes and cliches. They look down their nose at 'outsiders', whether that be smaller UK outlets or journalists or those from abroad (who couldnt possibly understand our game, could they). Yes, the freshness of coverage from other sources can be a good thing.

BBC tv local sports news has reached an appalling but typical low this evening. Roger Stokie promised all the football in the region but first they went to Liverpool to talki about some fuckin' art globes, came back to Salford, showed the Rags getting the Brentford battering, and then it was Goodnight You Cityzens, Not a fuckin' word about our game, or any other game in the Northwest this weekend. Bastards.

this is one of the by-products of a league and associated media that gets to big for its boots - it just plods on with what may have paid the bills, or satisfies a powerful lobby, and trots out tropes and cliches. They look down their nose at 'outsiders', whether that be smaller UK outlets or journalists or those from abroad (who couldnt possibly understand our game, could they). Yes, the freshness of coverage from other sources can be a good thing.
Complacency is the name of the game for so many so-called football journalists. They are staggeringly lazy. Every day they twist and spin quotes from Pep in his press conference. But fans can watch Pep's conference for themselves so it is easy for us to see how the narrative is distorted.
Most of the English press has been hostile to Pep and City since the takeover. It is only recently that they have started seeing the reality...that Pep has transformed English football because of his tactical brilliance. The game has changed at all levels because of him. It's a fantastic story which has been missed by most within the UK media. But it's a story which has been widely covered in the rest of the world. The bitter English media has been made to look stupid...not for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.