Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife told her childhood friend to get her head out of her arse this morning, she just couldn't be happy for her because apparently city are just cheating cunts.

After telling her that her club has spent more than city and are sucking Qatari cock she told her to fuck off and put the phone down on the poisonous woman.

With respect it doesn't matter what he thinks, you think, or I think for that matter. The simple fact is you can't have a meaningful thread that discusses the media without being able to see and read that media, regardless of the clicks, attention and revenue it generates.

Simple.

As I always do.

Take a screenshot, crop and enhance it, post it, name the old skool hack or social media click-bait mafia ****, but don't post a link. No clicks.

Done! :-)

Last edited:
With respect it doesn't matter what he thinks, you think, or I think for that matter. The simple fact is you can't have a meaningful thread that discusses the media without being able to see and read that media, regardless of the clicks, attention and revenue it generates.

With respect - your simple fact is nothing of the sort.

What @SebastianBlue was suggesting was that if you want to reference an article, you can quote the headline and a summary paragraph whilst still making your point - without giving the fucking pond life that are committed to slandering our club at every turn the very thing they so desperately desire.

If you really want to go and read the full article from there - knock yourself out - but the solution he’s proposing saves using a City website to validate the very people and publications who use their platforms to constantly misrepresent and attack our Club.

Starve then of clicks - you starve them of oxygen.

They must fucking love this place, all the free hits they get off us!

I got the following text from a friend in Florida which helped my feelings about all of this:

“Best part tho…clown show press can try every click bait article they want to push a narrative- we just won the treble and the world knows it. My partners son is 8…he was watching the game yesterday wearing a Haaland jersey. He has Man City bed sheets. Palm Beach Gardens FL. This kid doesn’t even know the Sunday Times exists. He knows he loves Man City. Future is bright. Fuck the haters.”
This is exactly right I mention before that my sons best friend coaches kids football teams and he was telling me each team this year is awash with City shirts. I understand the media and their bile is infuriating to older fans but no child was ever put off supporting there team by articles lying and saying they are state owned. The people they are pandering to already have a team we are concentrating on the next generation and we're winning.

That is clearly bonkers.

Posting a link does not infringe copyright, but more importantly you can't have a meaningful thread about the media that prevents posters from seeing and reading the media.

You've not thought this through.
…you’ve completely misread the post.

I said do not post links to negative articles as it only provides the engagement (the link being embedded is tracked , as is the click through for impressions, and the users origin for views). The very debate on here gives the articles more exposure as well, and leads to further sharing which provides engagement.

I also shared what is acceptable for screenshot sharing under forum rules, which are in place to prevent copyright claims. These are the same rules that prohibit posting of entire articles (copy-and-paste).

I have thought this through. Many on here bemoaning the negative coverage of City have not, as they only help feed the beast by posting direct links to the bile.

And you can have a perfectly meaningful debate based on the screenshot of the headline and the summary paragraph (either the first paragraph, or the summary right below the headline which often accompanies these articles). If you feel so inclined, you can even summarise the article in your post if you think it is worthwhile to discussion.

People can find the media with a simple search using the headlines if they absolutely want to throw another t-bone to the monster, it takes literally seconds via google.

But sharing a direct link on here just leads to engagement, more sharing, engagement, more sharing, and so on, just incentivising more negative articles.

With respect - your simple fact is nothing of the sort.

What @SebastianBlue was suggesting was that if you want to reference an article, you can quote the headline and a summary paragraph whilst still making your point - without giving the fucking pond life that are committed to slandering our club at every turn the very thing they so desperately desire.

If you really want to go and read the full article from there - knock yourself out - but the solution he’s proposing saves using a City website to validate the very people and publications who use their platforms to constantly misrepresent and attack our Club.

Starve then of clicks - you starve them of oxygen.

They must fucking love this place, all the free hits they get off us!
I am genuinely convinced the most negative detractors of City get most of their engagement (thus exposure and revenue) from Bluemoon and Bluemoon users on Twitter, Reddit, etc.

And I said nothing about sharing positive media about City.

In fact, I encourage everyone to post as much positive media links as possible, and share them with everyone they know.

@tolmie's hairdoo will tell you that in modern media they really only care about engagement rates on media (impressions, click throughs, views, likes, retweets, etc.). It is what is killing real journalism.

And many blues are helping to twist the knife.

I got the following text from a friend in Florida which helped my feelings about all of this:

“Best part tho…clown show press can try every click bait article they want to push a narrative- we just won the treble and the world knows it. My partners son is 8…he was watching the game yesterday wearing a Haaland jersey. He has Man City bed sheets. Palm Beach Gardens FL. This kid doesn’t even know the Sunday Times exists. He knows he loves Man City. Future is bright. Fuck the haters.”
That is wonderful!

And all the more reason not to do the Sunday Times work for them by posting links to their bile articles on here!

Your monthly reminder to…

STOP POSTING LINKS TO NEGATIVE ARTICLES ABOUT CITY

If you must share them for some reason, post a screenshot (of only the headline and summary paragraph, anything more will be deleted to avoid copyright claims against the forum).

Posting the link just gives them more engagement, which is exactly what they want, only serving to incentivise more negative articles in the future.

I am convinced that half of the negative articles written about City get most of their engagement from City fans rage-sharing them on here, Twitter, Reddit, and elsewhere.

I thought this thread was locked

I am genuinely convinced the most negative detractors of City get most of their engagement (thus exposure and revenue) from Bluemoon and Bluemoon users on Twitter, Reddit, etc.

Really? I mean really, seriously really? You are genuinely convinced the most negative detractors of City get most of their engagement from Bluemoon users?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.