Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the BBC

'I wouldn't expect a resolution any time soon'​

BBC football reporter Simon Stone speaking to 5 Live Breakfast this morning about the 115 Premier League charges faced by Manchester City in relation to their finances: "I wouldn't expect it [a resolution] any time soon. City dispute these charges, Guardiola said at a press conference last month that he wants them dealt with as soon as possible.
"Behind the scenes, there is a feeling City are not quite as keen on getting this done quickly - they have objected to the chair of the committee on the grounds he is an Arsenal fan, and some of the charges relate to City not complying with the Premier League over their investigation.
"Some of these charges predate Guardiola - some observers feel that, without City breaking the rules, Guardiola would not have arrived and we would not have the situation we are at now.
"I don't know when it will be dealt with - if we get a resolution by the end of next season we will be doing well."

Since when was did the media thread get replaced by the arguments between blue mooners thread.

Personally, I like this thread as its really the only place I get any City related news from, I hate the thought of social media, and newspapers are now not worth the paper they are printed on.

On the subject of negative articles, I would never post a link(if that is what a direct connection to said article is).

I dont mind reading the negative articles as someones post though, in fact, it has often aided my replies to hateful rags and dippers knowing who or where their info has come from and being able to diss the source of that info.

Also, sensing the bitterness in the writings of our professional detractors when we win is pleasing too, and on the other side of the coin any fair and truthful articles are always welcome.

Whether its people wanting to be angered by the tripe written about us, or people wanting to be angered by the people wanting to be angered by the tripe(and there are a few). Or people who just dont see anything wrong with our media coverage (ffs), it does have a place on Blue Moon imo.

There is a lot of humour too and as City fans of old will agree, we can take the pee out of ourselves when appropriate. At the end of the day, we are all different and it’s always interesting in some way on here, and that is surely a great base for a thread on a forum.
Completely fair stance.

And it’s important to note I don’t think anyone—certainly not me—has argued on here that negative stories shouldn’t be discussed at all.

I’ve only fervently argued we shouldn’t post direct links to the negative coverage and directly aid those entities in their efforts to malign and disparage our club. We shouldn’t be doing the bastards’ work for them.

Some people seem to be conflating those very different stances.

There are now teenagers alive who can’t ever remember seeing utd win the title.
The “Not in my lifetime“ quote gets funnier with each passing year.
My 17 year old grandson is one. Unlike the three previous generations of Blues in my family he's been lucky enough to know only success for City. He can't remember United ever winning the Premier League and he just thinks they're a shite team in City's shadow which to be fair is correct.

This media negativity is starting to really piss me off. After winning 3 in a row and then the elusive as fuck treble, all I read is about how we spent money to become what we are. How the fuck do they think all the tops teams became top. They all spend money.

When Chelsea won their CL title I didn't hear any of this negative bias and still they spend ridiculous amounts of money within 2 windows and all I read is how they are clever because they created a loophole by extending out contracts.

Difference is one is a white American and the other is from Saudia Arabia. People talk about how La Liga have a problem with racism but here I feel it's just as bad considering what we have achieved over these last 6 years and how much plaudits we get, all because our owner is from a world most don't know anything about.

People's only argument is where our money came. It surely can't be about overall spend as so many have now spent just as much if not more than us over the past 5 or so years.

We are the Russian team in Mighty Ducks who are evil and corrupt as they come up against the pure and perfect English golden team (apparently Man Utd).

Rant over

I wonder if the Manchester Evening News have any plans for a special edition on the club's achievements this season?

Serious question BTW, not wumming.
They have in the past I think in the form of a pull out,I'll be checking later.

It's worse than that. I know for a fact that desks and TalkSport are very thankful for these threads to gauge responses and moods.

That's on top of their analytic tools.
Incredibly important for everyone—not just blues for this current debate—to understand this.

We are all subjects of social engineering campaigns of all kinds now, and they have very real, very dangerous consequences when we don’t recognise and resist (far more dire than giving more money to the entities we despise, as is the case every time we post a direct to a City hit piece on here).

Its gone quiet on the charges front, because they are kicking themselves for bringing them. As an organisation they are akin to the the moment in Schindler list where Itzhak says "You've haven't got money?"
And Oskar says "No, I've got money, just not that kind of money!"
The only thing I read, or should I say subscribe to is "Private Eye".
Price and date, the only true things you'll find in a paper.
Which has triggered bitter rags and dippers into claiming City are the ones deliberately delaying the case because they know they're guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.