Medical tonight ...

im not in the medical profesion so this post may seem naive to you medical guys but cant a medical be suited to fit a time scale? like we signed robbie from another country with minutes remaining, what happened in that case ? is it not possible that they could rush through a medical for the player to be able to travel to s.africa? then do something out there or once were back? sorry if this is of high stupidness

Mental_blue said:
vbr said:
Sounds like bollocks, tbh. They usually announce signings "subject to a medical". And I can't see them doing a medical at 10:30pm when it can just as easily be done tomorrow morning.

Yes but there is also the work permit hearing to get out of the way and he has got his packing to do - all before the flight to SA.

Work Permits aren't hearings. It's all paperwork submitted by the club and the player doesn't attend in person at all. The only time it's a hearing is when it's initially denied and you want to appeal. So that's all bollocks too.

stu9488 said:
I have not posted anything of any medical or personal confidentiality, I have bene given permission by superiors to post any injury update or anything within reason that will not harm the reputation of the club, am I going against that? NO, so if you wouldnt mind I will post what I think can be posted and dont go against my professionalism I know the limits!

Where did you study? I was in training as a physio at uni few years ago, i also know the doctor who recently left our club. Does Tony williams still run the sports analysis department at carrington?

bizzbo said:
Durutti City said:
Serious question (especially since there are some on here who appear to be in the medical profession): what do they actually do in a medical?

I've always wondered what actually happens...

Cheers

they get put the player in an anaerobic chamber, shut the door, then come on here and post.

pmsl - you might be right there mate

I typed this out once and the site went down,

Medicals - PM me I will send you some boring info lol

MBI (Medical Background Information) - is something we get from the players advisrs which details all injury and medical info for his sporting career, we analise it and give a decision to the Club as to wether we should go ahead with a medical or turn down a deal and or ask for reduction in transfer fee depending on the cost involved in treating said player.

Will I be able to find out about supposed medical tonight? Sadly no, if I dont already know then club dont want us knowing. I could try to find out, but I wouldnt be able to post it anyway.

vbr said:
Mental_blue said:
vbr said:
Sounds like bollocks, tbh. They usually announce signings "subject to a medical". And I can't see them doing a medical at 10:30pm when it can just as easily be done tomorrow morning.

Yes but there is also the work permit hearing to get out of the way and he has got his packing to do - all before the flight to SA.

Work Permits aren't hearings. It's all paperwork submitted by the club and the player doesn't attend in person at all. The only time it's a hearing is when it's initially denied and you want to appeal. So that's all bollocks too.

And to add to that you think you can just turn up and demand to have a work permit approved or denied on any given day? Complete bollocks. Look at the UK visas website, they have paperwork specifically for football players and all they have to do is get their array of lawyers to fill it in and send it off by courier. That point they'll have someone advising them on whether a work permit application is likely to be successful (in Adebayor's case it's a formality) and the Premier League will give their go ahead subject to the work permit being accepted he'll be a City player.

vbr said:
Mental_blue said:
vbr said:

It was reported on SSN earlier today that a real-live person from the HO would be dealing with the work permit tomorrow morning in Manchester. Given Togo's 2-year FIFA average, his application falls under the exceptional player rule. Appeal it is. That is my understanding.

Hi mate im not a physio I studied Sports Science at Leeds Met, I have Bsc. in Sports Science and MA in Sports Education I cant comment on staff names mate PM me will discuss with you!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.