Mehdi Benatia

It probably comes down to a few things. Benatia is probably pushing for a move here. However we are only able to spend 49m this window. We spent 12 on Fernando and 6 on Willy which is 18m. That leaves 31m for Benatia. If Roma is asking more than that then we are trying to offload a few players first to meet Roma's asking price. That would take time. Who do we sell and at what price without hurting our Homegrown quota? We also probably don't want to put all our eggs in one basket and are still looking at Mangala. Porto might be willing to sell, but Mangala not too keen on coming.

nmc said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
What are City playing at - Mangala's agent is Mendes he is also Mourinho's agent - This stinks of City being stitched up. Meanwhile Benatia expresses strong wishes to join us and we treat him like a tw*t ....

This has got f*ck up written all over it. I dont think Mangala had ever had any desire to join City and get the feeling Mourinho is involved behind the scenes. Meanwhile we're p*ssing Benatia off and he'll probably go elsewhere the first decent offer he gets!! ....

MADNESS!!!!!!

Or this could be paranoia - Txiki knows what he's doing, if we want Mangala we are giving ourselves the best chance of landing him. The Mendez / Maureen axis is unsettling but Mendez has to operate independent of Maureen and get the best deal for his client(s) in this case Mangala and to a lesser extent Porto. I bet Porto have put more money his way than Chelsea over recent years and Mendez will know better than any of us that Maureen's stay at Chelsea won't be long - only ever a marriage of convenience. We all want to get deals done but we need patience and a poker face.

Bollocks, Mangala has plenty of opportunity to sign for us. I have no idea why we are hanging on a player who's agent is Mendes .... The mind boggles!!

bellbuzzer said:
Der Bomber said:
27 isn't too old for a central defender at all.

Kind of feels like the club would like maybe a more finished product than Mangala for the shorter term. We do have potentially dynamite young players in Facey and Denayer on the way also.

I wish I'd gotten to see this Benatia play more than once or twice. But everything I am reading seems very impressive.

Mangala is very raw, and may not reach the next level that Benatia is at, plus Mangala is seriously expensive imho

Would that not be to compensate for the relatively cheap price we picked up Fernando for ?

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 5h
Corriere dello Sport talks about a Benatia (to Bayern)/Shaqiri (to Roma) swap but adds: "Benatia has already made a promise to Pellegrini".

A promise ...like Isco ;-D

TrueBlue1705 said:
nmc said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
What are City playing at - Mangala's agent is Mendes he is also Mourinho's agent - This stinks of City being stitched up. Meanwhile Benatia expresses strong wishes to join us and we treat him like a tw*t ....

This has got f*ck up written all over it. I dont think Mangala had ever had any desire to join City and get the feeling Mourinho is involved behind the scenes. Meanwhile we're p*ssing Benatia off and he'll probably go elsewhere the first decent offer he gets!! ....

MADNESS!!!!!!

Or this could be paranoia - Txiki knows what he's doing, if we want Mangala we are giving ourselves the best chance of landing him. The Mendez / Maureen axis is unsettling but Mendez has to operate independent of Maureen and get the best deal for his client(s) in this case Mangala and to a lesser extent Porto. I bet Porto have put more money his way than Chelsea over recent years and Mendez will know better than any of us that Maureen's stay at Chelsea won't be long - only ever a marriage of convenience. We all want to get deals done but we need patience and a poker face.

Bollocks, Mangala has plenty of opportunity to sign for us. I have no idea why we are hanging on a player who's agent is Mendes .... The mind boggles!!

I agree.....6months and still waiting for an answer from Mangala? If City want agents and players to respect them then we need to show we mean business and wont get pushed around....City are letting Mangala and his agent push us around by keeping us waiting while they wait for a better offer.....rumours are that City has already agreed a fee for Mangala AND Benatia...so we must have the funds to buy one of them.....even Roma are now setting deadline dates for us to complete the move.......If we not careful we will start looking clueless..

We as fans have no idea where city stand on transfer news, we can all guess and have views on whats happening but no player is gonna hold city to ransom, so all calm down and wait for the deals to be completed.

Larry Stranger said:
It probably comes down to a few things. Benatia is probably pushing for a move here. However we are only able to spend 49m this window. We spent 12 on Fernando and 6 on Willy which is 18m. That leaves 31m for Benatia. If Roma is asking more than that then we are trying to offload a few players first to meet Roma's asking price. That would take time. Who do we sell and at what price without hurting our Homegrown quota? We also probably don't want to put all our eggs in one basket and are still looking at Mangala. Porto might be willing to sell, but Mangala not too keen on coming.

we also get 2M from everton because barry sign with them and that means 33M pounds...Roma is asking 40M euros(32m pounds)??? so we are fine and with the players we will sell we will be able to remain with some money to spend

city2 said:
We as fans have no idea where city stand on transfer news, we can all guess and have views on whats happening but no player is gonna hold city to ransom, so all calm down and wait for the deals to be completed.

Everyone is bored shitless bud, no chance of calm round these parts boss.

city2 said:
we're taking a hell of a battering, our window has been bricked by UEFA

Mancitybluemoon1 said:
TrueBlue1705 said:
nmc said:

I agree.....6months and still waiting for an answer from Mangala? If City want agents and players to respect them then we need to show we mean business and wont get pushed around....City are letting Mangala and his agent push us around by keeping us waiting while they wait for a better offer.....rumours are that City has already agreed a fee for Mangala AND Benatia...so we must have the funds to buy one of them.....even Roma are now setting deadline dates for us to complete the move.......If we not careful we will start looking clueless..

Top flapping

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.