Mehdi Benatia

Excitement has just increased.

I don't think Roma want to sell but if the price is right, i.e 40m euros then I think a deal may be done.

SrilankanBlue said:
@City_Watch now
Gazzetta dello Sport: City have reached an agreement with Roma defender Mehdi Benatia. Must now negotiate with Roma. (via @carlolaudisa)

Hah... small formality of negotiating with the club, but Carlolaudisa has 50k followers and probably hasn't gotten there spouting total nonsense, so if we're far enough along to have made a deal with the player then I'll consider that a hell of a first step.

Tancredi Palmeri ‏@tancredipalmeri 21m
BOOM! Manchester City have reached an agreement with Benatia according to tomorrow edition of Gazzetta. Roma not keen to sell

I'm salivating at the thought of Kompany, Benatia & Fernando in the same team, nobody is scoring past that! If Barca aren't willing to pay too much then I hope we go all out for him

Makes it a helluva lot easier when then player (if quotes are true) gives out a round number and says Roma didn't match it. How was the relationship between us and Roma over the Maicon transfer?

The hard part is convincing Roma. They have a very exciting project and along with Napoli are probably the only candidate to rival Juventus any time soon. They really want to keep him but if he is adamant about leaving, they'll probably sell. But keep in mind they managed to get close to £30m off Spurs for Lamela, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar for him. But we can afford that even with FFP sanctions and it's about time we just said feck it and bought a top defender.

LoveCity said:
The hard part is convincing Roma. They have a very exciting project and along with Napoli are probably the only candidate to rival Juventus any time soon. They really want to keep him but if he is adamant about leaving, they'll probably sell. But keep in mind they managed to get close to £30m off Spurs for Lamela, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar for him. But we can afford that even with FFP sanctions and it's about time we just said feck it and bought a top defender.
Guess who Roma didn't wanna sell last summer? Lamela. Guess who Lamela now plays for? Spurs.

They'll sell, everybody has a price.

cmdub said:
LoveCity said:
Guess who Roma didn't wanna sell last summer? Lamela. Guess who Lamela now plays for? Spurs.

I think the point LC was making was they fleeced spurs on the price of Lamela

cmdub said:
LoveCity said:

Yes but last summer they had no europe, no CL money, no nike sponsorship/new sponsors to fall back on and they went from 6th to 2nd… Last summer they had to sell because they needed the money, they don't need the money that much this summer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.