Mehdi Benatia

tolmie's hairdoo said:
I must be missing something?

Every tackle he makes, every position he takes up, in most of the videos I have now watched, he always takes the right hand channel that Kompany already occupies?

He leads with his right foot, so does he address the fundamental problem of a left-sided partner?

Chelsea must have seriously blown us out of the water on Mangala is this is now going ahead.

City closer to Benatia ?

City close in on Benatia
By Football Italia staff

The Gazzetta dello Sport indicate that Manchester City are circling ever closer to Roma’s Mehdi Benatia.

The defender has alerted clubs already previously linked with him that he could be on the way out of the Giallorossi this summer, having been left ‘disappointed’ by the capital club’s offer of a contract renewal.

On from his agent also suggesting that ‘perhaps the club want to sell’ the player, the Gazzetta dello Sport report that Manchester City are in pole position to land the 27-year-old.

The pink paper report that manager Manuel Pellegrini has made Benatia the club’s primary transfer target this summer and that an agreement with the player on a €4m-a-year salary has apparently already been reached.

Benatia is believed valued at around the €35m mark.

Roma sporting director Walter Sabatini will face the media on Saturday, when he is expected to give his and the club’s version of events.

BlueDejong said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Every tackle he makes, every position he takes up, in most of the videos I have now watched, he always takes the right hand channel that Kompany already occupies?

He leads with his right foot, so does he address the fundamental problem of a left-sided partner?

Chelsea must have seriously blown us out of the water on Mangala is this is now going ahead.

City closer to Benatia ?

Sorry Tolm, was this a typing error that was meant to read "as this is now going ahead."?

markbmcfc said:
Benatia is very strong on both sides. Naturally right, but strong on his left.

He will have been scouted much closer than I've ever watched him so I don't think this is an issue worth people worrying about.

I hope it's more successful than the £25m scouting Txiki did of his last defender Dmytro Chygrynskiy.

And I certainly wouldn't rely on that former Norwich bolt-necked robot Rob Newman to get it 100 per cent.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Perhaps he is going to play on the right side, and VK will move over to the left?

Surely VK is good enough to play in either of those positions

From what ive seen of Mangala i really don't rate him as highly as £40 million

Vinny is shocking playing on the left. Looks a carthorse, gets dragged out and then concedes a foul trying to get back in.

So is Benatia a right-footed player who is just equally adept playing on the left?

If that is the case, then fine.

At least he can shift across when Vinny is injured or suspended.

We also have Demichelis who can do this.

I remember watching Lescott and Nastasic both together against Villa in the Carling Cup.

A prime example that decent central defenders find it very difficult to move a couple of yards across from their comfort zone.

Are we definitely abandoning pursuit of Mangala for Benatia? Or is this Txiki covering all bases?
As an aside I'm not sure if Vinny is that shocking on the left, think he had a stormer against Bayern in pre season.

Cityisland said:
BlueDejong said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

City closer to Benatia ?

Sorry Tolm, was this a typing error that was meant to read "as this is now going ahead."?

Sorry Tolmie , should this read " if this " or " as this " is now going ahead. Cheers

Benatia is a player I've raved about all season. He's incredible. He's more consistent than Kompany imho.

He can play LCB because of his quality imo but yes he's a RCB in every game I've watched of Roma. Only problem I forsee is Barca, he is made for them and Pique can play LCB where he used to play before moving over to accommodate Mascherano when Puyols injuries kept him out.

pavelsrnicek said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
chris85mcfc said:
Perhaps he is going to play on the right side, and VK will move over to the left?

Surely VK is good enough to play in either of those positions

From what ive seen of Mangala i really don't rate him as highly as £40 million

Vinny is shocking playing on the left. Looks a carthorse, gets dragged out and then concedes a foul trying to get back in.

So is Benatia a right-footed player who is just equally adept playing on the left?

If that is the case, then fine.

At least he can shift across when Vinny is injured or suspended.

We also have Demichelis who can do this.

I remember watching Lescott and Nastasic both together against Villa in the Carling Cup.

A prime example that decent central defenders find it very difficult to move a couple of yards across from their comfort zone.

Are we definitely abandoning pursuit of Mangala for Benatia? Or is this Txiki covering all bases?
As an aside I'm not sure if Vinny is that shocking on the left, think he had a stormer against Bayern in pre season.

In pre season.

Bloody hell, even Richards looked like he could play football in that game.

There are definitely games being played. City had agreed a price with Porto for Mangala.

Perhaps City are doing this to give him a push, although I doubt it.

We are moving quick on Benatia.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.