Mehdi Benatia

Any chance we are going for Benatia and Mangala - seemed to be closely linked to both but they are hardly similar I.e. One the finished article the other with potential. Perhaps Nasty is on the way out?

aguero93:20 said:
chris85mcfc said:
Will have been mentioned but is he another player we are going to lose for 4-6 weeks for the AFCON?

I know we have adequate cover with DeMichelis but if VK and Benatia were to form a formidable partnership he would be a big loss

If Yaya was to stay, would he be another to dissapear or do we think he is going to retire from International football?

Would be grim to lose them both especially in such important positions
Yaya has spoken of retiring from internationals after the world cup so if he stays there's hope he won't go but Benatia is Morocco's best cb so yes we'd lose him, should be alright with MDM and Nasty though, I think it's more important to get to a place where we have the quality to rotate properly throughout December because the problems been fatigue as much as losing players at that time of year. Adherence to a particular style (MP's system) and decent squad depth should mean we're less reliant on individuals than we have been in the past, started to see signs of that with Nasri, Silva, Yaya, Kun and Vinny missing games last season, we still kept winning.

Yea we do have MDM and Nastastic who are adequate replacements and are more than good enough to rotate. My only gripe is that I like a settled back four, its the only line in the team that I like to see settled. I suppose the main thing is getting all the centre halves to play the same way ie high line and on the front foot, so that when we do make a change it doesnt effect the way we play.

A spine of Joe, VK, Benatia, Yaya, Ferna, Silva and Aguero would be perfect

In fact we could probably just play with 7 :)

corky1970 said:
adrianr said:
corky1970 said:
Not being funny but it seems like when we are linked with a player I've never heard of it brings out the liars or geeks who " apparently " seen him play 30 matches this season and is a great player,

Some people are so full of shit or don't have lives, I don't believe for a second anyone on here has sat through a season of Roma matches and has a valid opinion on the man

Or are a first rate bore geek play station no girlfriend/ social life whatsoever. Or let football consume their life FIFA STYLE

Every fucking time I guarantee it

And every fucking time you're there to bring it up ;)

You're right though, just one of the many wonders of the transfer forum.

Keeping it real mate , keeping it real

I believe we are in for Thingymajiginio From Inter Milan

I await someone who's seen him play all season and will be a great buy

Have watched Thingymajiginio but I'm not sure inter would sell for less than 50m, slight upgrade on boyata, epic on fifa though

mcb1207 said:
corky1970 said:
adrianr said:
And every fucking time you're there to bring it up ;)

You're right though, just one of the many wonders of the transfer forum.

Keeping it real mate , keeping it real

I believe we are in for Thingymajiginio From Inter Milan

I await someone who's seen him play all season and will be a great buy

Have watched Thingymajiginio but I'm not sure inter would sell for less than 50m, slight upgrade on boyata, epic on fifa though

Got my tattoo ordered £50 per sitting cant wait !!

City move closer to defender capture
Manchester City, Latest news update: May 29, 2014 10:00 AM
[[views]]

Manchester City have reportedly agreed terms with Roma defender Mehdi Benatia over a prospective contract.

City are yet to reach an agreement with Roma over the transfer of the Moroccan, with the Serie A side keen to keep hold of the centre-half.
However, Gazzetta dello Sport claim the Premier League champions have reached an agreement with the player and City appear to be the frontrunners in the battle for his signature.
Benatia is still under contract with Roma but has been left disappointed by the Italian side's extension offer and has indicated he could be prepared to move on this summer, despite stressing his love for the club and city.
It has been suggested Roma could be convinced to sell for a fee in the region of £28million if it becomes clear Benatia will not agree to an extension but City could face competition for his signature.
A number of other clubs from across Europe, including Barcelona and Bayern Munich, have been credited with an interest in the 27-year-old, but City appear to have made the first move by reaching an agreement with the player.
Meanwhile, released keeper Costel Pantilimon has emerged as a target for Arsenal, with the Romanian understood to be keen to remain in the Premier League.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
City move closer to defender capture
Manchester City, Latest news update: May 29, 2014 10:00 AM
[[views]]

Manchester City have reportedly agreed terms with Roma defender Mehdi Benatia over a prospective contract.

City are yet to reach an agreement with Roma over the transfer of the Moroccan, with the Serie A side keen to keep hold of the centre-half.
However, Gazzetta dello Sport claim the Premier League champions have reached an agreement with the player and City appear to be the frontrunners in the battle for his signature.
Benatia is still under contract with Roma but has been left disappointed by the Italian side's extension offer and has indicated he could be prepared to move on this summer, despite stressing his love for the club and city.
It has been suggested Roma could be convinced to sell for a fee in the region of £28million if it becomes clear Benatia will not agree to an extension but City could face competition for his signature.
A number of other clubs from across Europe, including Barcelona and Bayern Munich, have been credited with an interest in the 27-year-old, but City appear to have made the first move by reaching an agreement with the player.
Meanwhile, released keeper Costel Pantilimon has emerged as a target for Arsenal, with the Romanian understood to be keen to remain in the Premier League.
whos that mate. is it someone shit like
soccernews,fancast etc...

Quoted in the Gazetto D'Italia:

"I have had a great season, I am convinced by the project, but not too excited by the City, the lousy weather, food, and dodgy women.....
...... and the number of f***ing Vespas...........so I've decided I'm off to Sunny Manchester to join my buddy Samir and make some serious wonga." said Benatia.

It sounds like great news for City fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.