Mehdi Benatia

Danamy said:
People may think i'm mad but i'd rather have Vertonghen for £18mill

He'd slot straight in on the left side, Prem proven, Belgium partnership, loves getting forward when opportunity arises, good at set pieces, can cover left back if required, what's not to like?

Before anyone says it, i'm not his agent, i just think he'd be a good fit

18m ? Levy is greedy man..

Danamy said:

He'd slot straight in on the left side, Prem proven, Belgium partnership, loves getting forward when opportunity arises, good at set pieces, can cover left back if required, what's not to like?

I'd take Vertonghen too, always rated him. I'm not disappointed by Benatia though, either will do.

Danamy said:

TBH what's bothersome is that we let Vertonghen go to Spurs ... I know that Vinny had suggested him to City a few times.

Danamy said:

He always looks a class player until he makes his customary f*ck up. He's decent enough but not quite good enough for us and would be hugely overpriced as we would have to deal with Levy.

BlueDejong said:
Danamy said:

18m ? Levy is greedy man..

Sorry i forgot to add on City tax......£20mill

We won the league with Kompany and Demichelis, both right footed.

Atletico won la liga with Miranda and Godin, both right footed.

Real Madrid won the Champions League with a combination of Ramos, Pepe and Varane who are all right footed.

Having one right and one left footed CB is not "fundamental" at all.

BillyShears said:
Danamy said:

TBH what's bothersome is that we let Vertonghen go to Spurs ... I know that Vinny had suggested him to City a few times.

I know, i thought at the time we should've gone the extra mile to get him, you could say the same about Cahill

Danamy said:

I thought we might have tried to sign him last summer

Crazy that he plays LB for Belgium tho, him and VK would be a force

Danamy said:
BillyShears said:
Danamy said:

I know, i thought at the time we should've gone the extra mile to get him, you could say the same about Cahill

Cahill was a silly one to let pass us by. Seem to recall we were in a position to sign him the summer before Chelsea bought him but decided against.

pavelsrnicek said:
Danamy said:
BillyShears said:

Cahill was a silly one to let pass us by. Seem to recall we were in a position to sign him the summer before Chelsea bought him but decided against.

We were in pole position and let him go, hindsight eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.