Mehdi Benatia

BlueDejong said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1m
More on Gazzetta's Benatia story: City and his agent have an 'iron clad' pact. Wages £3.25m/year net. Roma will accept no less than £28.5m.

Something happen soon..

...me no like wait.

Sooner we knock over the deal for a centre half ... the sooner we'll get an idea of what happens next. Fernando seems to be done. Sagna in a holding pattern. Benatia deal being struck I think will see us complete the obvious summer business.

BlueDejong said:
City Watch ‏@City_Watch 1m
More on Gazzetta's Benatia story: City and his agent have an 'iron clad' pact. Wages £3.25m/year net. Roma will accept no less than £28.5m.

Something happen soon..

So if we end up playing something like £25m for him and £12m for Fernando we have £12m for a sub keeper and anyone else before we hit our ceiling. Then it's about who will leave with Richards, Milner, Kolarov, Dzeko and Nasri all in the final year of their contracts and the Yaya situation.

Danamy said:
People may think i'm mad but i'd rather have Vertonghen for £18mill

He'd slot straight in on the left side, Prem proven, Belgium partnership, loves getting forward when opportunity arises, good at set pieces, can cover left back if required, what's not to like?

Before anyone says it, i'm not his agent, i just think he'd be a good fit

Vertonghen is good but he's a cart horse, I'm quicker than him after 10 pints of Stella

Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:

He'd slot straight in on the left side, Prem proven, Belgium partnership, loves getting forward when opportunity arises, good at set pieces, can cover left back if required, what's not to like?

Verging hen is good but he's a cart horse, I'm quicker than him after 10 pints of stella
Verging hen? ;)

pudge & rodge said:
We won the league with Kompany and Demichelis, both right footed.

Atletico won la liga with Miranda and Godin, both right footed.

Real Madrid won the Champions League with a combination of Ramos, Pepe and Varane who are all right footed.

Having one right and one left footed CB is not "fundamental" at all.

MDM is right footed but has played a lot of his football as an LCB.

I am not familiar with Benatia so cannot comment on whether he can adapt quickly to playing on the left.

taconinja said:
Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:

Verging hen is good but he's a cart horse, I'm quicker than him after 10 pints of stella
Verging hen? ;)

Fucking iPad autocorrect....

:-)

Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:

Vertonghen is good but he's a cart horse, I'm quicker than him after 10 pints of Stella

I can't comment after not having the pleasure of seeing you after 10 pints of Stella, if you were to say after GDM had 10 pints of Stella i would've pmsl

Danamy said:
Rammy Blue said:
Danamy said:

I can't comment after not having the pleasure of seeing you after 10 pints of Stella, if you were to say after GDM had 10 pints of Stella i would've pmsl

Haha.

Seriously though, I rated both Vertonghen and Cahill but I actually don't think either would suit the kind of defence we are playing.

Vertonghen is seriously slow, I reckon even Javi could have him over 50 yards....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.