Mehdi Benatia

Has anyone stopped to think that we might be buying both? With Benatia we get a brilliant CB and with Mangala we get a LB and CB. It would allow us to easily adapt to 3 at the back or 5.

Zaba kompany Benatia Mangala no ones getteing pst that back four.

Benatia Kompany Mangala for 352

Zaba kompany benatia Mangala cliche invite pressure and hit quick on the attack.

It's just a thought.

Danamy said:
pavelsrnicek said:
Danamy said:
I know, i thought at the time we should've gone the extra mile to get him, you could say the same about Cahill

Cahill was a silly one to let pass us by. Seem to recall we were in a position to sign him the summer before Chelsea bought him but decided against.

We were in pole position and let him go, hindsight eh?

We're all visionaries in hindsight. The funny thing is if we had signed Cahill this place would have been up in arms about us buying badly and there would have been tirades about Marwood.

Danamy said:
pavelsrnicek said:
Danamy said:
I know, i thought at the time we should've gone the extra mile to get him, you could say the same about Cahill

Cahill was a silly one to let pass us by. Seem to recall we were in a position to sign him the summer before Chelsea bought him but decided against.

We were in pole position and let him go, hindsight eh?

Cahill has looked good in mourinhos very negative tactics I really don't think he would be fit into the system we play.

Petetheblu said:
Has anyone stopped to think that we might be buying both? With Benatia we get a brilliant CB and with Mangala we get a LB and CB. It would allow us to easily adapt to 3 at the back or 5.

Zaba kompany Benatia Mangala no ones getteing pst that back four.

Benatia Kompany Mangala for 352

Zaba kompany benatia Mangala cliche invite pressure and hit quick on the attack.

It's just a thought.

Doubt anyone has thought about spending £60 million on centre halves mate

Danamy said:
People may think i'm mad but i'd rather have Vertonghen for £18mill

He'd slot straight in on the left side, Prem proven, Belgium partnership, loves getting forward when opportunity arises, good at set pieces, can cover left back if required, what's not to like?

Before anyone says it, i'm not his agent, i just think he'd be a good fit

You crazy fuck!

Injury prone, error prone, over-priced.

What's to actually like;)

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Danamy said:
People may think i'm mad but i'd rather have Vertonghen for £18mill

He'd slot straight in on the left side, Prem proven, Belgium partnership, loves getting forward when opportunity arises, good at set pieces, can cover left back if required, what's not to like?

Before anyone says it, i'm not his agent, i just think he'd be a good fit

You crazy fuck!

Injury prone, error prone, over-priced.

What's to actually like;)

The exact same things everyone said about Demichelis up until February? ;-)

29 May 2014 12:30:00

The Premier League champions are set to abandon their pursuit of Porto's Eliaquim Mangala and offer the Roma defender the chance to double his current £45k-a-week wages
By Paul Clennam

Manchester City will make formal contact with Roma in the next 24 hours and submit a £25 million bid for Mehdi Benatia, Goal understands.

Goal revealed earlier this month that the Premier League champions were set to turn their attention to the Morocco international following the ongoing complications with regards to their long-term pursuit of Porto’s Eliaquim Mangala.

MAN CITY LATEST

7/4 Man City are 7/4 with Bet365 to win the title next season
City are now set to offer the 27-year-old a lucrative deal worth 90k-a-week that would see the former Udinese man double his current earnings.

Coach Rudi Garcia has ruled out selling a player who only joined Roma last summer but the player himself has hinted he could seek a move away after admitting his disappointment after receiving an “unacceptable proposal” from the club.

He said: “I never said I want to leave. But Roma have not kept their promises. They had told me that they would make me a new contract offer if I had a great season.

"But I have received an unacceptable proposal, less than €3 million per season. I replied that I would not sign it.

"I'm in love with Rome, I'm very fine here but my mistake was to be too correct with the club and too honest."

Regarding speculation about him leaving, he added: "I only said that anyone dreams of teams like Real, Bayern and [Manchester] City.

"My agent is doing his job, I could leave but I could also stay and finish my career in Roma. But I was disappointed [with the new wage offer], I deserved more respect."

City's attempted double move for Mangala and Fernando, which they first launched back in January, has hit a snag over third party ownership, with Porto owning only 56.67 per cent of the defender's rights, and 90 per cent of the Brazilian midfielder's.

Manuel Pellegrini is still expected to complete a deal for Fernando for around £12 million but has now firmly turned his attention to Benatia in preference to 23-year-old Frenchman Mangala as he attempts to add defensive reinforcements to his squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.