Mehdi Benatia

adrianr said:
LoveCity said:
Radioradio in Italy says City will/have offered £16m + Kolarov + paying some of Kolarov's salary. I can't see it for several reasons, most notably it'd cost a lot of money to buy a high-end attacking left-back to replace Kolarov and we're limited by FFP. And why would we pay any of Kolarov's salary, that's what you do with players you're desperate to get rid of (like Adebayor), not ones of high value to the squad. Italians also love a crazy transfer rumour and many turn out to be bollox.

That's a shit deal unless we're sure Kolarov isn't signing a new contract and/or have a genuinely top class replacement ready to sign.

And who exactly would that be? Not many great left backs out there. I think it's highly unlikely that Manuel sees Clichy as our future #1 lb.

Shaw - Too expensive and too much of gamble
Alaba - Simply impossible.
Alba - No way barca would let him go.
Filipe Luis - Hmm.. is he good enough?

Coentrao - Not entirely unlikely.
Marcelo - Not entirely unlikely.
(I think Real wil sell one of them two this summer)

Cole - Still a magnificent defender but would leave us short in attack.

LoveCity said:
Radioradio in Italy says City will/have offered £16m + Kolarov + paying some of Kolarov's salary. I can't see it for several reasons, most notably it'd cost a lot of money to buy a high-end attacking left-back to replace Kolarov and we're limited by FFP. And why would we pay any of Kolarov's salary, that's what you do with players you're desperate to get rid of (like Adebayor), not ones of high value to the squad. Italians also love a crazy transfer rumour and many turn out to be bollox.

Agreed with the above posters who personally disapprove (including yourself). No clue why we would make that deal.

Does anyone know where Sky Sports Radio got their source claiming Pellegrini has personally mentioned his targets for the summer as GK, CB, CM, and RB? If it is straight from the horse's mouth then I think the lack of "LB" on that list means any movement of Kolarov would not be a part of our plans or preferences.

Tron Coltrane said:
LoveCity said:

Agreed with the above posters who personally disapprove (including yourself). No clue why we would make that deal.

Does anyone know where Sky Sports Radio got their source claiming Pellegrini has personally mentioned his targets for the summer as GK, CB, CM, and RB? If it is straight from the horse's mouth then I think the lack of "LB" on that list means any movement of Kolarov would not be a part of our plans or preferences.

Haha! I'll tell you where Sky got it from, some shite article in today's MEN from Mike Keegan.

They are desperately filling column inches after the end of the season.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to know what City are short of or now need.

A new goalkeeper, you say?

Having let Pants go?

I'm stunned.

Kolarov earns £90k a week and his wages are a problem for plenty of teams.

Could see Roma asking for AK as part of the equation, and us agreeing.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Tron Coltrane said:
LoveCity said:

Haha! I'll tell you where Sky got it from, some shite article in today's MEN from Mike Keegan.

Having let Pants go?

I'm stunned.

If Ak gone....then who will come ?

BlueDejong said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:
Tron Coltrane said:

Having let Pants go?

I'm stunned.

Not saying AK is gone.

Would prefer to see Clichy out the door.

But there is a boy at Monaco who looks like being the next big left back.

Kurazawa has the tools for our set-up.

Matt the Giant said:
adrianr said:
LoveCity said:

That's a shit deal unless we're sure Kolarov isn't signing a new contract and/or have a genuinely top class replacement ready to sign.

And who exactly would that be? Not many great left backs out there. I think it's highly unlikely that Manuel sees Clichy as our future #1 lb.

Ricardo Rodriguez.

Kladze said:
Matt the Giant said:
adrianr said:

Ricardo Rodriguez.

My preference as well (aside from Alex staying), but you have to add a "too expensive" tag. I just don't see us shelling out £20m to fill a hole that didn't need filling, just for the original aim of finding an amicable deal at CB.

the boyota contract is important as it seems he will be kompanys understudy . i believe nasti will leave if we sign any first choice lcb and that would put mdm as understudy effectively to both cbs sounds very good until anc with benatia away and kompany injured again at a crucial time. benatia is a great player and so was kolo but he was a disaster for us because we never had a stable defense

Kladze said:
Matt the Giant said:
adrianr said:

Ricardo Rodriguez.
Call me cynical, but I'm under the impression that everyone in the Bundesliga who's any good is under Bayern's all conquering state of dibs. I'd be amazed if Bayern haven't already tapped him up and convinced him not to go anywhere else. Alaba doesn't want to play LB, so it's only a matter of time before they bring in Rodriguez imo

tolmie's hairdoo said:
BlueDejong said:
tolmie's hairdoo said:

Having let Pants go?

I'm stunned.

Not saying AK is gone.

Would prefer to see Clichy out the door.

But there is a boy at Monaco who looks like being the next big left back.

Kurazawa has the tools for our set-up.

Do you mean Kurzawa?

29 apps, 5 goals, 3 assists, 1.7 tackles/game, 3.4 interceptions/game, 1.2 fouls/game.

Transfermarkt Value: 2.42£ Million (Likely to quadruple with Monaco in negotiations and the David Luiz sale)

WhoScored.com Information:

+ Strengths
Ball interception - Very Strong
Key passes - Strong
Dribbling - Strong

- Weaknesses
Holding on to the ball - Weak
Tackling - Weak

Layvin Kurzawa's Style of Play
Likes to cross
Likes to dribble
Likes to play short passes
Indirect set-piece threat
Does not dive into tackles

You have to take that information with a grain of salt (it is the French league), of course, but I'm not sure we want to replace Kolarov with someone that has trouble retaining possession, is not particularly good at tackling, and likes to cross but is not notably gifted doing so.

Anyone else know more about him?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.