Mehdi Benatia

TrueBlue1705 said:
TBH there's something wrong at City if we have to keep paying silly money - if the likes of Roma and Athletico Madrid can buy players for less than £10m and turn them into £25m-£30m within 1-2 season then we need to look at how we're doing things.

If we can get another year out of Demichelis and he can start the season like he finished the last then I think we can start with Kompany, DM, Nastasic and Rekik .... Boyata can also play games at CB especially in the earlier rounds of the cup and if we sign Sagna he can also play there in an emergency .... Nastasic was a revelation when he arrived, he's now being written off by some, I've no idea why, Rekik at 19 has already broke into the full Dutch squad.... Are these CBs we're looking at really in another league to these players???

Spend the money instead on midfielder .... Rakitic or Fabregas
You make some good points but I think at the moment the problem at CB is when Kompany is injured. can Nasty step up to the plate?

I still think this is far from over.

Fair play to Roma for digging in but their concern is with Benatia if anything, it's clear from his comments earlier in the week he wants more money because other teams like City are offering him more and most likely significantly more.

Roma have denied any renewal of a contract from reports so I can't see Benatia being entirely happy with that because at the end of the day he is one of the best and most important players, surely Roma will want to anything they can to keep him?

David Luiz has definitely inflated the market this summer but whilst I think he was massively overpriced at least PSG know what they are going to get from Luiz at the highest level, he is a Brazilian international central defender, a recent Champions League and Europa League winner, helped Chelsea get to the semi finals of the Champions League this season and can do a very decent job in defensive midfield.

Benatia from what I see is a better player, but Luiz has the reputation behind him to at least help back up a ridiculous fee.

We'll end up with Mangala, this Benatia interest is only really meant to push some greedy so and so's into compromise with Mangala. Rumours of a bid are supposedly rubbish.

Bottomless_Sailor said:
We'll end up with Mangala, this Benatia interest is only really meant to push some greedy so and so's into compromise with Mangala. Rumours of a bid are supposedly rubbish.

Who exactly is being greedy?

FantasyIreland said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:

Soanso.

I believe he is from Mali and also represents Thossourt and Unowhoimeen.

SebastianBlue said:
FantasyIreland said:
Bottomless_Sailor said:

Soanso.

I believe he is from Mali and also represents Thossourt and Unowhoimeen.

Thanks,i recognise him now,iirc,he also acts for the latest Welsh prodigy from the Swans academy,Ivor Bigun.

I am not that worried. The club has identified CB as the biggest priority. And with DM and RB most probably sorted, all their attention would be on getting a world class CB. Plus we have actual professionals and not idiots like Ed Woodward looking at transfers. If not Benatia or Mangala, then there are other options like Garay or Inigo Martinez etc. Can't see us without a new CB at the end of the season.

Rags and Ploppool both need centre halfs and no doubt other European Clubs will be looking

Centre halfs are going to be at a premium - the Luis transfer has set the bar regardless of whom we want its aint going to be cheap

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.