Mehdi Benatia

FantasyIreland said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
pudge said:
A player is not going to sign if they don't want to play for the club.

Well reading Mangalas quotes, I get the impression he doesn't want to move to us.

Other than that 'London' nonsense,what quotes are you talking about?

Didn't he say before the World Cup that he would wait and see what his options were?

I want a player who is willing to do what he can to join us, not messing around and having second thoughts.

We are a club now that I firmly believe a lot of footballers would love to play for and the ones that don't seem that interested then I just think we should move on.

sam-caddick said:
FantasyIreland said:
SuperMario's Fireworks. said:
Well reading Mangalas quotes, I get the impression he doesn't want to move to us.

Didn't he say before the World Cup that he would wait and see what his options were?

I want a player who is willing to do what he can to join us, not messing around and having second thoughts.

We are a club now that I firmly believe a lot of footballers would love to play for and the ones that don't seem that interested then I just think we should move on.

If you were about to change employer and had the ability to attract several different suitors, wouldn't you evaluate your options ?

Davs 19 said:
sam-caddick said:
FantasyIreland said:

If you were about to change employer and had the ability to attract several different suitors, wouldn't you evaluate your options ?

True, but it only seems to have been us who has been heavily linked with him with minor links to United and Chelsea.

Us, Bayern Munich and Barcelona have been heavily linked to Benatia this summer with us being the only one willing to stretch past £25m, but either way Benatia looks to forcing his presence on a move to us which is what you want to see.

Fernandinho did it with us last season.

If Mangala was valued at around £15-20m then I would be in favour, but this is Porto and they will get whatever they can get out of you regardless of the quality of player they are selling, at any other club in my opinion Mangala would be worth half of his Porto buyout.

I think we have promising youth central defenders in our academy and for me I would go for the proven experience to play alongside Vinny whilst blooding these kids through in the meantime.

I don't think Mangala would be a flop, but I think he will make a lot of people question why we paid so much for him.

For €40m I want proven quality, not potential because his career can still go either way if you ask me.

sam-caddick said:
Davs 19 said:
sam-caddick said:

True, but it only seems to have been us who has been heavily linked with him with minor links to United and Chelsea.

Us, Bayern Munich and Barcelona have been heavily linked to Benatia this summer with us being the only one willing to stretch past £25m, but either way Benatia looks to forcing his presence on a move to us which is what you want to see.

Fernandinho did it with us last season.

If Mangala was valued at around £15-20m then I would be in favour, but this is Porto and they will get whatever they can get out of you regardless of the quality of player they are selling, at any other club in my opinion Mangala would be worth half of his Porto buyout.

I think we have promising youth central defenders in our academy and for me I would go for the proven experience to play alongside Vinny whilst blooding these kids through in the meantime.

I don't think Mangala would be a flop, but I think he will make a lot of people question why we paid so much for him.

For €40m I want proven quality, not potential because his career can still go either way if you ask me.

I take your point sam but I don't think any of them are 'proven' as the Prem is very, very different to Portugal & Italy. The age profile of our team has to be considered unless we're prepared for a massive rebuild in 4 years time or so. This allied to the fact that the clubs first choice is Mangala makes me believe it will happen. Infact, I wouldn't be surprised if everything had already been agreed in principle.

Whoever we sign, I'll trust the highly paid and experienced professionals at our club to get it right.

well thanks Mehdi..if you did want to join....he would be gutted but.. he may go to barcelona...as they are also on the look out

@RafaelH117 54s

Manchester City signing Mangala opens the way for Barcelona to revive their interest on Benatia with no chance of a bidding war.

but i trust our management if they have agreed for Mangala

Even if Mangala news are true I am sure Benatia will leave Roma this summer, rumours about Barca, United, Bayern, and wouldnt forget about Chelsea.

Terry, Zouma, Cahill as CBs are not enough especially there were rumours about sending out Zouma on loan. Even if Jose plans Ivanovic to use as CB (played there in the past) a top CB is needed as how much Terry has in him? One last good eseason maybe. He will probably have a role like Demichelis at us.

Puyol finally left Barca and was injured last year too, their defence was shit thats their biggest weak spot maybe (and getting a Xavi replacement).

United, well Evans, Jones, not horrible but not world class either. Vidic, Ferdinand both left and were over the hill. Huge surprise if they dont buy at least one younger and one experienced CB.

Bayern have Boateng, Dante, Badstuber and Martinez was being played there by Pep Guardiola sometimes but a top CB especialy as good as Benatia could improve their defence.

All these 4 teams wil or at least should sign a good CB.

Benatia, Marquinhos will probably end up at these teams.

Damanino said:
Even if Mangala news are true I am sure Benatia will leave Roma this summer, rumours about Barca, United, Bayern, and wouldnt forget about Chelsea.

Terry, Zouma, Cahill as CBs are not enough especially there were rumours about sending out Zouma on loan. Even if Jose plans Ivanovic to use as CB (played there in the past) a top CB is needed as how much Terry has in him? One last good eseason maybe. He will probably have a role like Demichelis at us.

Puyol finally left Barca and was injured last year too, their defence was shit thats their biggest weak spot maybe (and getting a Xavi replacement).

United, well Evans, Jones, not horrible but not world class either. Vidic, Ferdinand both left and were over the hill. Huge surprise if they dont buy at least one younger and one experienced CB.

Bayern have Boateng, Dante, Badstuber and Martinez was being played there by Pep Guardiola sometimes but a top CB especialy as good as Benatia could improve their defence.

All these 4 teams wil or at least should sign a good CB.

Benatia, Marquinhos will probably end up at these teams.
Voices of Shaqiri+money for Benatia are circulating

Bayern want Man City target Benatia
By Football Italia staff

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.football-italia.net/51969/bayern-want-man-city-target-benatia" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.football-italia.net/51969/ba ... et-benatia</a>

Manchester City have apparently given up on Mehdi Benatia, but the Roma defender is now close to Bayern Munich.

The Moroccan international has been training separately from his teammates in pre-season, as he was determined to push through a transfer to Manchester City.

According to today’s reports, the Citizens have veered off in another direction and look set to spend £30m (€38m) on Eliaquim Mangala from Porto instead.

However, Roma are still not out of the woods, as Calciomercato.com now claims Bayern Munich have dived in for Benatia.

Director Walter Sabatini set a deadline of July 21 for Benatia to find another club or commit to remaining with the Giallorossi.

His price-tag is believed to be around €35m (£30m).

IanBishopsHaircut said:
People who are saying Mangala would prefer Chelsea but I've never seen one direct quote from the lad

"Porto defender Eliaquim Mangala has dealt a transfer blow to Manchester City.

City boss Manuel Pellegrini is keen to sign the Frenchman this summer.

But Mangala told BeinSport: "City or Chelsea? Chelsea because it's London. It's true that I love the Premier League, it is a spectacular league.

"In January, there were discussions with City but the two clubs could not agree."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.