Melbourne City FC Thread

If the Joyce extension rumour turns out correct not only would we see another huge turnover in players, minimum 10, but I reckon a huge number of season ticket holders won't renew.

We have a new CEO, our current one Scott Munn is going to the new Chinese CFG team as CEO so maybe this new bloke has fresh eyes and sees the damage Joyce has done or it could be just more of the same.

Either way we have more problems than just the head coach.

Last game of the League season tonight. We play Central Coast Mariners at home. We are confirmed to finish 6th unless we can turn around 6 goal difference and assume Wellington lose away to Perth.

So unless something ridiculous happens we are likely to play 3rd away which happens to be Victory but because of ground availability it will be at AAMI so effectively a home derby. On a positive note we haven't lost them this season and we are playing in Melbourne but to be honest I think we will get smashed.

I never have ever wished us a loss but if it meant that ended Joyce then I wouldn't be upset. I just don't know how we can recover and looking forward it's pretty grim.

CFG have some big decisions to make and after 4 seasons they are minus in the ledger. They can't afford any more mistakes.

Kick off is around 7:50pm local if anyone is remotely interested.

Why is their ground not useable?

From what I've seen there's no way City are going to win the plate or whatever the playoff thingy is called but to take out the Melbourne rags would be nice.

Melbourne City 5 - 0 Central coast mariners.
Sure it was against the cellar dwellers, but for the last 15 or so minutes we had 8 players on the pitch aged 21 or under, the youngest being 16. So not a bad effort by the young guys and they looked like they were out to show their skills, there are a couple that should be getting more game time though who knows with Joyce, anyway last match of the season was an enjoyable one.

Najjarine's goal

McGree's goal

Last edited:
I follow these as well. Not doing well at the moment are they? 6th isn't great but the win will give them a boost.

I find the play off league somewhat confusing when compared to the PL!

Melbourne City 5 - 0 Central coast mariners.
Sure it was against the cellar dwellers, but for the last 15 or so minutes we had 8 players on the pitch aged 21 or under, the youngest being 16. So not a bad effort by the young guys and they looked like they were out to show their skills, there are a couple that should be getting more game time though who knows with Joyce, anyway last match of the season was an enjoyable one.

Najjarine's goal

McGree's goal

I'm not one of these empty seats obsessive types, but I'm a bit concerned for the sparse attendance. Hopefully it was because it was the last day, and will be bigger for the playoffs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.