Metrolink to / from Etihad

Used it for the last 2 home games from Piccadilly Gardens. It’s fucking rammed. Even cattle don’t get packed in that much going to a slaughter house. Tap in, tap off is a breeze. Saves me walking 20 minutes to the ground from town. It certainly isn’t perfect, but I‘m still going to use Maetrolink.

Used it for the last 2 home games from Piccadilly Gardens. It’s fucking rammed. Even cattle don’t get packed in that much going to a slaughter house. Tap in, tap off is a breeze. Saves me walking 20 minutes to the ground from town. It certainly isn’t perfect, but I‘m still going to use Maetrolink.
how much does it cost?

Those of us who rely on this method of travel, know just how dreadfully it is operated.

When somebody eventually gets badly injured the powers that be will throw their hands in the air and claim they were not aware of any problems.

How hard can it be to increase capacity and frequency for a couple of hours before a match and for an hour afterwards?

I don’t know because I never go to the OT shit hole but i suspect they get a far better service than we City fans.

If the tram is that battered loads of people will use it without paying.

Northern rail left hundreds of passengers stranded after the red star game at Ashburys, the 10:33 eventually turned up at 12:33.

Bollocks.

Luck was on your side. Did the wibble wobbly queue and eventually got on the platform. After 10 minutes nothing had happened and the natives started getting restless. That prompted a barely audible announcement from their control room stating that "for passenger going to Manchester there would be a tram in 2 minutes followed by another in 4 minutes". After 5 minutes people were getting really angry and shouting all sorts of abuse about Metrolink. The tram arrived a minute or so later going to Media City. I alighted at Picadilly Station where there was a tram scheduled for Altrincham in 4 minutes a single unit when every other tram was a double. There were hoards of people already on the platform before our tram disgorged its passengers and another double pulled in swelling the numbers. The Altrincham unit was seriously overloaded before it left and people on platforms up to and including Trafford Bar could just not get on. That is simlply not good enough.

Not taking away the issues you encountered, but if you'd stayed on the tram to Deansgate, you'd have been able to also pick up one of the Alt-Bury services as well as the ones that start from Piccadilly.

Problem for Metrolink is that they're overwhelmed most of the time when its busy. The system can't cope with the level of passengers it could theoretically deal with. The council's reliance on it as a major plank of public transport options to/from the Etihad is woeful. As people have suggested, the narrative about not travelling by car seems to have been blindsided by a lack of other alternatives.

Those of us who rely on this method of travel, know just how dreadfully it is operated.

When somebody eventually gets badly injured the powers that be will throw their hands in the air and claim they were not aware of any problems.

How hard can it be to increase capacity and frequency for a couple of hours before a match and for an hour afterwards?

I don’t know because I never go to the OT shit hole but i suspect they get a far better service than we City fans.

Used to get on the metrolink for work for years, said then its an accident waiting to happen.

If anyone knows a match going rag then can they ask them how good their Metrolink service is? We should receive equal treatment.

It is really easy getting away from the swamp. They have four different metro lines, lots of buses and taxis. Even street parking is really easy on the Chorlton side. I would say it is one of the best stadiums I have ever been to for transport. It is painful to see what we have to put up with.
The worst thing is that no plans appear to have been put in place for the opening of the new arena. There were no parking or transport details in the latest proposals submitted.

After the rags away this year all trams in to town were cancelled due to a medical emergency. Walk back to town was the option. It was outdated before it was built.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.