Metrolink to / from Etihad

If anyone knows a match going rag then can they ask them how good their Metrolink service is? We should receive equal treatment.

Not really a fair comparison. They’ve got about eight stations, spread over four different lines, all roughly a 10 minute walk away from the ground.

We’ve got one station on one line, right outside the ground.

Those of us who rely on this method of travel, know just how dreadfully it is operated.

When somebody eventually gets badly injured the powers that be will throw their hands in the air and claim they were not aware of any problems.

How hard can it be to increase capacity and frequency for a couple of hours before a match and for an hour afterwards?

I don’t know because I never go to the OT shit hole but i suspect they get a far better service than we City fans.
Harder than you think. Tram frequency is limited by the TMS (signalling) and power availability to a large extent. Each tram also has to fit into the overall pattern/timetable, especially once it gets into town.
Over at OT there are two lines (Altrincham and Eccles) to serve the ground. Therefore they have a better service.

Harder than you think. Tram frequency is limited by the TMS (signalling) and power availability to a large extent. Each tram also has to fit into the overall pattern/timetable, especially once it gets into town.
Over at OT there are two lines (Altrincham and Eccles) to serve the ground. Therefore they have a better service.

Also got the new Trafford Centre line, which has the closest stop to the ground now I think.

Also the Airport line stops at Trafford Bar which is only down the road.

So every single tram heading south of town stops within a short walk of the ground.

Also got the new Trafford Centre line, which has the closest stop to the ground now I think.

Also the Airport line stops at Trafford Bar which is only down the road.

So every single tram heading south of town stops within a short walk of the ground.
Wharfside tram stop is a 5 min walk to the ground

So as people have pointed out the swamp has a far better transport infrastructure, with more tram options and better parking.

Is it any wonder City fans leave early? The extra capacity being added to the North Stand is only going to exacerbate matters further.

When Coop Arena + new North stand are built eventually I'd imagine Metrolink will look something similar to this on matchdays. It's not far off already

TRAIN-ART_1580740c.jpg

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.