Metrolink to / from Etihad

There's minor changes to the Metrolink timetable in January. One of these changes is that the Altrincham to Piccadilly services are extended to Etihad Campus after the evening peak (when the Media City - Etihad service stops running) as preparation for when Co-op Live opens.
Brilliant, no fucking good for Saturday and Sunday matches though. They really are fucking useless. Every tram yesterday after the game was a double apart from the one back to Altrincham. I hate Metrolink with a passion.

The bus back was horrendous yesterday as well.
The roads were a lot busier than usual and then i had a nightmare journey to Blackpool North on the 18.33 train.

you serious?
Yes. Had a pint in the SSL1 bar before leaving the ground. Walked round to the tram stop where the queues looked massive. There were 3 doubles waiting and it took about 5 mins from joining the queue to setting off. The metrolink staff were really efficient and the trams set off not too overcrowded.
We've used metrolink a lot since its introduction and its been shite. Felt like there was a whole new approach yesterday. Either that or we just fell lucky with our timing.

Brilliant, no fucking good for Saturday and Sunday matches though. They really are fucking useless. Every tram yesterday after the game was a double apart from the one back to Altrincham. I hate Metrolink with a passion.

The Alty to Etihad service will also operate Saturday evenings and all day Sunday. I guess the proof in the pudding will be what happens in reality on January 7th for the Huddersfield match.

The bus back was horrendous yesterday as well.
The roads were a lot busier than usual and then i had a nightmare journey to Blackpool North on the 18.33 train.
They cancelled the one before it at about 17.44 so that probably didn’t help. Our train was 2 carriages and absolutely rammed. What are these train companies thinking? Tuesday afternoon I got the same train with about 6 carriages.

Manchester was absolutely rammed yesterday. Gridlock on the roads, Probably the busiest day of the year and they cancel some and then put the smallest trains they can on.

There was three
They cancelled the one before it at about 17.44 so that probably didn’t help. Our train was 2 carriages and absolutely rammed. What are these train companies thinking? Tuesday afternoon I got the same train with about 6 carriages.

Manchester was absolutely rammed yesterday. Gridlock on the roads, Probably the busiest day of the year and they cancel some and then put the smallest trains they can on.
There was 3 trains cancelled before that one at 18.33.A nightmare for all on the busiest Saturday of the year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.