Metrolink to / from Etihad

Got to platform on FT, next Ashton tram 20 mins.
Two empty trams pulled up in front of us and then looped back to take Town bound Blues.
Two further Trams from Ashton came in so in all four Trams for Town bound Fans and nothing for Ashton.
Platform looked like January Sales outside the Arndale.
When one arrived it was normal service with people already onboard,
Managed to get on. Used to overcrowding before and after games but never experienced anything like this. Couldn't move my arms from my side.
People trying to get on at Clayton Hall and further had no chance.
Thankfully it was not raining, but utterly abysmal service .

It's the elected members and the good people of Stockport who want the Metrolink; Andy Burnham is pushing for it on their behalf. It's called democracy.
Is it? Don’t think I’ve ever been asked. To me there’s already enough transport from Stockport to Manchester. There’s regular buses and trains. The main issue is those services are often terrible.

As we waited to leave SS3 last night I pointed out to my brother that the scoreboard was saying that the next tram to Ashton was in 22 minutes! What a farce. I’ve only ever used the tram twice to get back to town and both times it would have been quicker to walk.

I read somewhere, most likely on here, that they disable the live running after the match and all the info is wrong because the app. can’t cope with the additional trams they put on.

No idea if that’s true but I don’t bother looking after the match anymore, since I read it.

It’s not just legacy fans though it’s people in general. I work in the centre of town and the trams/ train/ buses often don’t run or are delayed significantly. The whole transport system is a joke.

It’s Manchester council who need to do something really, which they won’t
Now that is the Mayor's job, i.e. Transport for Greater Manchester.

I think until the network is improved with more lines and trams, they might need to run shuttle services between Piccadilly Gardens and Ashton to cover passenger surges at the stadium and arena. Meaning everyone has to alight at the Gardens and then catch a connection at either St Peter's Square or Market Street. What is happening at the moment is trams are going through the Gardens and then nothing is coming back the other way as they get delayed.
They can't reverse everywhere (including at Piccadilly Gardens). Deansgate-Castlefield and maybe Victoria.

Going home I joined the snaking queue outside the Metrolink stop and eventually arrived at the ticket barriers. The platform was full as were the pens beyond the barrier. Eventually a tram arrived and cleared the platform, no idea where it was heading. As I shuffled round the pens beyond the barrier I noticed they were filling an Altrincham tram I got to the stairs and the Metrolink people were shouting hurry up there is still room. Sods law I got to the platform just as the tram departed. I was bloody annoyed as I was heading back to Navigation Road and feared I was in for a long wait. Guess what next tram was an empty double unit going to Altrincham, two consecutive trams to Altrincham - barking mad who is doing the scheduling?
That's the new scheduled route in the evening after 8 pm. Altrincham to Piccadilly now extended to Etihad. In between Ashton to Eccles.

I read somewhere, most likely on here, that they disable the live running after the match and all the info is wrong because the app. can’t cope with the additional trams they put on.

No idea if that’s true but I don’t bother looking after the match anymore, since I read it.
No. The new plan is no specials - it's now a regular 6-minute service all evening to town (12 mins to Ashton). Write to Burnham. Explain it won't be enough. I'm on a transport forum arguing with Metrolink employee who thinks an hour or an hour and a half to clear queues after the match is "not the end of the world".

No. The new plan is no specials - it's now a regular 6-minute service all evening to town (12 mins to Ashton). Write to Burnham. Explain it won't be enough. I'm on a transport forum arguing with Metrolink employee who thinks an hour or an hour and a half to clear queues after the match is "not the end of the world".
Invite Burnham to a meeting. If you tell his office that you’re opening an envelope and the North West Tonight cameras will be there, he’ll definitely show up.

Andy Burnham should never been elected mayor
I was going to write a rant but can’t be arsed with him. He ranted about HS2 but can’t even get his own public transport in order.
I do not like Andy Burnham.
He’s put MCR not short of third world.

They can't reverse everywhere (including at Piccadilly Gardens). Deansgate-Castlefield and maybe Victoria.
I know. There seems to be points to allow trams to switch track in one direction between the Gardens and Piccadilly but no idea why they’re there or if usable. They’d probably have to add another set to make it work.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.