Metrolink to / from Etihad

Do they do trams direct to Bury from the Etihad after games? I thought they stopped those, but haven’t used it for years. I never see any going to the Etihad from Bury.
No they don't, tends to be Alty ones you see on the way back home, but I don't bother with those because of the queues and crowding.

Should've been clearer but I was talking about what you see at Cornbrook on matchdays on the way to the game - ie loads going to Bury/Rochdale/anywhere where the match isn't, and fewer going to where the action is.

No they don't, tends to be Alty ones you see on the way back home, but I don't bother with those because of the queues and crowding.

Should've been clearer but I was talking about what you see at Cornbrook on matchdays on the way to the game - ie loads going to Bury/Rochdale/anywhere where the match isn't, and fewer going to where the action is.
It’s the reason we stopped using the tram. Very expensive and you still have to walk nearly 2 miles each way (or wait an age for a connecting tram with space). It’s farcical.

It's really not a hill I'm going to die on, but I've never seen anything like that. I've always seen talk about 6/12/15 min frequencies, which is no of trams each way... anyway, as I say, not gonna argue!
Fair enough, maybe it was the way I read it in promotional articles. Anyway, we end up with worse either way!

Prices are very good, and when all is running smooth a good service is there. However, there are some serious downsides. The Etihad service is nowhere near good enough. Regular engineering works are a total pain also. The network is plagued by mechanical and technical breakdowns on a far too regular basis though whether it be trams, points, OLE, IT systems etc. I can see why people are pissed off with it.
I use the Ashton line most days for work and it’s a pretty poor service. Always full single units apart from match days and as often as not there’s delays or teams are late getting to the stop.

I was prattling on about city /oakview/ MCC buying a fleet of buses a year ago or there would be chaos when events clashed and or the ground extension finished. Although local and national government should be driving this it won’t happen unless city and oakview drive it, ie pay for most of it! There is already enough negativity around the SafeTy of the new arena, adding awful travel to the mix will be very bad for the investment made.

This Sunday shouldn’t be too much of an issue due the staggered timings. It’s evening kickoffs on the same nights as gigs that are potential recipes for disaster.
The problem will be platform access.

Full trams arriving for the arena whilst thousand are waiting to leave from our match and only one flight of stairs. The queueing arrangements are bad enough at present but I am waiting to see how Metrolink cock this up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.