Metrolink to / from Etihad

There was disruption on the Eccles line before the game at the most inappropriate time.

Hope @EcclesBlue and anyone else from that end wasn’t inconvenienced too much and made it in time for KO.
I was at Broadway when it came on the boards, the service was running from Media City which was ok for me but not much use if you’re getting on at Eccles. I had to tell the other passengers on the platform to walk to Harbour City as Metrolink didn’t bother announcing it.

I was at Broadway when it came on the boards, the service was running from Media City which was ok for me but not much use if you’re getting on at Eccles. I had to tell the other passengers on the platform to walk to Harbour City as Metrolink didn’t bother announcing it.

The board at Eccles just seemed to be permanently stuck on “Next tram 19 minutes”

It got to about 6.30 and some guy, just a punter not staff, loudly announced that there was a train leaving for Deansgate at 6.48 from just up the road. So quite a few people followed him up and it worked out perfect. Train to Deansgate and then picked up the tram from there.

But no idea how people waiting at places like Langworthy and Weste got on? Presumably would have had to get the 33 bus to town and then on from there. But that would have been pushing it for time.

Never seem to have a problem leaving on the tram. Probably helps that my exit is nearest to the queue but I’ve never had a long wait. Always advisable to change to the Didsbury tram at St Peter’s Square rather than Deansgate or Cornbrook. Much more likely to get a seat.

Since the new restrictions there’s hardly anywhere to park. Hundreds heading to North Manchester crowding on after the games to change at Piccadilly to head towards Bury. Why not run a bus the 7 minutes to Queens Road so people can get on there?
Similarly if they ran a bus to Central Park or Monsall (5 mins max) everyone heading to Rochdale and Oldham on the tram wouldn’t have to go via Piccadilly

Last edited:
Has Burnham ever ridden up and down the Metro on match days/nights to witness and experience what happens on a 'service' that is not fit for purpose ??

We must start doing what our forefathers did by holding the politicians to account and taking militant disruptive action.

The metro shambles must not be allowed to continue.

Anyone have Burnhams email or home address ??
He’s too busy taking tours of Everton’s new ground to waste time on the important things

My question is why can’t the trams already be waiting for the fans when the game is finished to get people away as soon as possible. In the 60/70s at Maine Road the buses were there queuing to get the fans away. Is this what you call progress.

My question is why can’t the trams already be waiting for the fans when the game is finished to get people away as soon as possible. In the 60/70s at Maine Road the buses were there queuing to get the fans away. Is this what you call progress.

Someone who seemed to know what they were talking about explained why you can’t have too many trams in one small section, a while ago.

Something to do with overloading the electricity supply or something?

Someone who seemed to know what they were talking about explained why you can’t have too many trams in one small section, a while ago.

Yes, I remember someone mentioning that and it sounds plausible. I think the only viable solution would be to increase the amount of double trams to the maximum network capacity for the immediate 30 mins after FT. If that can't be done then it looks like we're lumbered with what we have.

The trams turn round at Velopark, and apparently it takes a while. There are now no special trams, as the regular service is every six minutes. They could have an extra double set waiting for the end of the match but that would cost them an extra driver.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.