Metrolink to / from Etihad

Maintenance works are happening until the end of November. The Etihad trams are starting at Crumpsall rather than Eccles. This is due to very restricted capacity between Piccadilly Gardens and St Peter’s Square.
Doesn’t excuse them using single units when they can’t cope with the amount of passengers waiting on the platform. The people running the service are brain dead.

The trams were the worst I've known it last night. As far as I could see, no additional services at all operated before or after the match, just the standard 12 minute frequency Ashton - Crumpsall service.
I chose to change at Victoria in both directions yesterday just to avoid the scrum at Market Street.
Weren't Metrolink aware of the match ticket sales last night, or did they just choose to ignore the match was on?

The trams were the worst I've known it last night. As far as I could see, no additional services at all operated before or after the match, just the standard 12 minute frequency Ashton - Crumpsall service.
I chose to change at Victoria in both directions yesterday just to avoid the scrum at Market Street.
Weren't Metrolink aware of the match ticket sales last night, or did they just choose to ignore the match was on?
The FST (Fxxxxxx Slow Tram) is shocking, in rush hour I can drive into the centre quicker than take the tram. When I hear Londoners complain about the tube I tell them we'd happily swap - we would be celebrating they would be rioting demanding a change of government! What it will be like when there's a game and a concert on at roughly the same time who knows - sorry forgot we are all walking back along the canal or is it on it as there will be that many people!

I've been detouring via Victoria whilst this upheaval is going on. Had my other half with me last night so couldn't take advantage of my metro fast track after FT. Anyway, put my disclaimer in with her early on saying there may be a bit of walking. Going to the game not too bad, on the way back marched to Shudehill and picked up Alty tram immediately. Saturday coming could be epic at Market Street with the Xmas markets firing up.

The Metrolink service to/from the Etihad on matchdays has always been an unacceptable shitshow. They don't even bother stacking trams outside Asda - I remember going to a concert at Sheffield Arena a few years back and they had four trams waiting after the end of the concert.
I've said many times. They always stack the trams for the Rag matches.

Is that true?!? Feck me what a joke
Yes. Occasionally I have to take a walking disabled lad to the swamp. The classic was Chelsea. Walking down Warwick Road I saw a tram pass and thought fuck, with the hundreds ahead of me it would be hours. They were lined up and we walked on one (towards Alti) without a problem. As we left another was behind.

Yes. Occasionally I have to take a walking disabled lad to the swamp. The classic was Chelsea. Walking down Warwick Road I saw a tram pass and thought fuck, with the hundreds ahead of me it would be hours. They were lined up and we walked on one (towards Alti) without a problem. As we left another was behind.
They pull as many as they need out of the depot right by the station. City fans get completely different treatment and it is simply not good enough.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.