Metrolink to / from Etihad

There's a desperate need for a circular route on the tram network. Whenever there's an issue in the City center, the whole service grinds to a halt.

Every tram should be a double too. at least if the service is infrequent and slow, ensure more people can get on the one tram that comes every 15 minutes.

I felt quite confident that Andy Burnham would have had a real go at improving the public transport in GM, but so far we still don't have a streamlined ticketing system and I'm not aware of any changes or improvements either.

There's a desperate need for a circular route on the tram network. Whenever there's an issue in the City center, the whole service grinds to a halt.

Every tram should be a double too. at least if the service is infrequent and slow, ensure more people can get on the one tram that comes every 15 minutes.

I felt quite confident that Andy Burnham would have had a real go at improving the public transport in GM, but so far we still don't have a streamlined ticketing system and I'm not aware of any changes or improvements either.
I wrote to His Worship about the single trams on the Altrincham line, his eventual reply via a minion was a complete load of waffle.

Is that true?!? Feck me what a joke
They don’t even need to. They’ve got four Met stops that operate four different lines right by the ground and just a short walk up the road is the main interchange hub for the Metrolink service. They also have a train station.

Last edited by a moderator:
Met service seems to be getting worse. Brighton match there was one Etihad tram to every four Bury ones on the Alty line, got off at Cornbrook where a double eventually arrived, by the time it got to Piccadilly it was dangerously full.

Fulham match no trams to Etihad or Ashton and no communication on Alty line, lots of confused fans getting off at Exchange Sq, we walked from there.

Brentford match, again, zero info, we walked from town, only to see a near empty double arrive at New Islington before we could make it to the platform.

Only now from here do I find out about the works and the re-route to Crumpsall. Yes I might have done my research before leaving the house, but I live between stations on the East Dids line and the Alty line and have heard all manner of announcements at Met stations over the years, but on match days radio silence?

Wouldn’t mind so much but it does seem like heaven and earth is moved by transport authorities to keep people informed where Swamp is concerned. Road signs telling you to leave plenty of time because Man U are playing Omonia? Please.

One of Andy's greatest achievements with the Metrolink was to allow his four-legged friends to travel on trams. Hopefully no devil dogs will be getting on the packed ones on match day.

One of Andy's greatest achievements with the Metrolink was to allow his four-legged friends to travel on trams. Hopefully no devil dogs will be getting on the packed ones on match day.
Storm the ramparts, blockade the Town Hall , kidnap BurnHim, block the lines on Thursday nights and when the rags play, civil disobedience & disorder.

Get The Waldorf Warriors mobilised !!

The Green Pary candidate proposed a circular tram in the 2017 Mayoral elections.

Proposed future lines/extensions are in Places for Everyone, but require new homes etc to be built to justify the investment in strategic infrastructure.

The track repair work in Piccadilly Gardens concluded on Tuesday following damage caused by a derailment in October, so the tram services have returned to normal (Etihad Campus is once again served by Eccles to Ashton trams every 12 minutes).
Don't know if this is of any benefit to anyone on here, but the Trafford Centre to Cornbrook services are now extended to run through to Deansgate Castlefield.

Does anyone know if direct trams to Etihad are running along the Altrincham line again?

Does anyone know if direct trams to Etihad are running along the Altrincham line again?
They did experiment with a single, unannounced direct matchday service from both East Didsbury and Alty earlier in the season, usually departed about two hours before kick off. But no idea if they will be resuming. They weren’t promoted anywhere or even displayed accurately on the electronic boards, so it was a happy accident if you managed to catch one

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.