Metrolink to / from Etihad

They did experiment with a single, unannounced direct matchday service from both East Didsbury and Alty earlier in the season, usually departed about two hours before kick off. But no idea if they will be resuming. They weren’t promoted anywhere or even displayed accurately on the electronic boards, so it was a happy accident if you managed to catch one
Yep I live between the two lines, they were running direct to Ashton and Etihad and it was good if you could get one - though too rammed by the time it reached town (which only proves the demand). Then it disappeared with zero info and it turned out you had to go to all the way to Crumpsall on the Bury line to pick up one going East. It looks like people travelling from south Mcr tonight like myself will have to change at Market Street or Piccadilly Gardens from what I can see so far.

Yep I live between the two lines, they were running direct to Ashton and Etihad and it was good if you could get one - though too rammed by the time it reached town (which only proves the demand). Then it disappeared with zero info and it turned out you had to go to all the way to Crumpsall on the Bury line to pick up one going East. It looks like people travelling from south Mcr tonight like myself will have to change at Market Street or Piccadilly Gardens from what I can see so far.
The only scheduled direct services are from Eccles, those from Bury and Rochdale also have to change over onto one of the rammed trams using one of the rammed city centre platforms. It was all changed around 7 or 8 years ago I think when they were re-doing Victoria station. I remember sending an email to them when I worked in the city centre asking when the direct services were coming back (but they never responded). I have seen occasional direct services to Bury after the game but because I never know if they're running I don't look at the Metrolink anymore.

They built a new platform at Crumpsall which was designed for the Trafford Centre line (no scheduled services yet) but if they ran trams just from there to the Etihad I'd use it.

I have seen occasional direct services to Bury after the game but because I never know if they're running I don't look at the Metrolink anymore.
That's the weird thing - I've got direct services on the way back from games where there have been none on the way there. Bewildering set-up.

Now the Eccles line is finally back up and running all the regular Ashton ones are going from there again.

I noticed before one game just before the World Cup an empty double tram parked up at Deansgate, with Etihad on the front. Maybe that’s a new thing, that when they get the nod things are getting hectic up ahead, they send that through?

That's the weird thing - I've got direct services on the way back from games where there have been none on the way there. Bewildering set-up.
That actually makes sense to some degree. You will have a larger number of fans wanting a tram to say Bury or Altrincham after the game than during the more stretched-out timescale of those fans arriving beforehand.

Now the Eccles line is finally back up and running all the regular Ashton ones are going from there again.

I noticed before one game just before the World Cup an empty double tram parked up at Deansgate, with Etihad on the front. Maybe that’s a new thing, that when they get the nod things are getting hectic up ahead, they send that through?
Yeah they used to run etihad special doubles from Deansgate a few years ago, again not promoted anywhere (a tram driver mate tipped me off) but not seen them for a while now

Stalybridge station will be shut for about a month March/April (everyday) and other weekends before and after.

Expect more news in Jan, but those who use it will need a new plan.

Stalybridge station will be shut for about a month March/April (everyday) and other weekends before and after.

Expect more news in Jan, but those who use it will need a new plan.
Thanks mate. Is this weekends only or full closure?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.