Metrolink to / from Etihad

I doubt anyone will know yet. The draft Piccadilly changes included two extra platforms and a new stop to the southeast called Piccadilly Central (which was to enable any potential tram or tram-train extensions in that direction). It might be good news if these changes still need to happen and can be done before HS2 (if it even arrives at all).

And the "tram-train" proposals will see much more frequent services to and from Ashburys if the Marple and Hadfield routes are included.
Will provide another alternative to travelling to and from the Etihad Campus stop.

At last a sensible contribution to this thread,get Picc stn tram stop rebuilt plus another turnback east of the campus stop.
Woah there big fellah, are you saying that some posters are not taking this thread seriously ? Pretty big call that.

0e5718b5db4789e6ff5e4aca322a454b.jpg
The away end half time exodus at this seasons home derby

It's why I am hoping for bus improvements with regard to the campus because I just don't think the tram network can be improved enough even with the possible extra platforms at Piccadilly when HS2 is built. Metrolink is only rapid transit on the old rail line bits, once it gets to the shared street running it is essentially a big, slow bus. It was like that in 1992 and it hasn't changed since so it won't change in the future.
Yep a fleet of direct matchday specials from the outlying areas and back again afterwards, especially in south Manchester, would make far too much sense

So I fly into manchester on 14th April for the Leicester game and we're staying around northern quarter for a few nights.
What do people suggest for us to get to the hotel? Taxi? Bus? How much would I be expecting to pay?
Your input is appreciated

So I fly into manchester on 14th April for the Leicester game and we're staying around northern quarter for a few nights.
What do people suggest for us to get to the hotel? Taxi? Bus? How much would I be expecting to pay?
From the airport ? Certainly not the bus. The tram takes an age but is reliable and regular. There is a train, quicker but less frequent.
Taxi is your best bet but the dearest option. Sorry can't help with costs

Oh and can you bring my grandson over with you?

You can get a train from airport to central Manchester, which is reasonable iirc.
Or you can get tram(s) from airport to central Manchester , but you’ll feel you’re going everywhere in south Manchester before it starts to head north into the centre! Price reasonable.
No idea on buses.
Taxi would be expensive.

From the airport ? Certainly not the bus. The tram takes an age but is reliable and regular. There is a train, quicker but less frequent.
Taxi is your best bet but the dearest option. Sorry can't help with costs

Oh and can you bring my grandson over with you?
Appreciate your reply. Wasn't even aware there was a tram and train service.
Googled a taxi service and its coming up with 60 odd quid
Seems expensive but if we have to pay....
Rather throw 50 pound at someone on here who's happy to come pick us up haha.

Is your grandson toilet trained?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.