Metrolink to / from Etihad

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously but before the Newcastle game I could see trams from Navigation Road (Altrincham Line) to the Etihad Campus....I've checked for tomorrow night and nothing mentioned?

Was this a one off, or are direct trams returning?

Sorry if this has been mentioned previously but before the Newcastle game I could see trams from Navigation Road (Altrincham Line) to the Etihad Campus....I've checked for tomorrow night and nothing mentioned?

Was this a one off, or are direct trams returning?
Sadly the clowns make it up as they go along. The service (yes I laughed as well when i typed it) seems to be totally ad hoc. The best bet if one in not running is to change at Cornbrook.

Appreciate your reply. Wasn't even aware there was a tram and train service.
Googled a taxi service and its coming up with 60 odd quid
Seems expensive but if we have to pay....
Rather throw 50 pound at someone on here who's happy to come pick us up haha.

Is your grandson toilet trained?

Taxi won’t ( shouldn’t be ) anything like £60. Roughly speaking private high taxis are about £2 a mile and town to the airport is about 10 miles. Black cab might be a bit dearer but still nowhere near £60.

Train is over £6 each now. So if there’s a few of you, it won’t be any cheaper anyway. Bus ( 43 ) is only £2 but takes about a week.

Sadly the clowns make it up as they go along. The service (yes I laughed as well when i typed it) seems to be totally ad hoc. The best bet if one in not running is to change at Cornbrook.
Cheers for the response and I echo your thoughts! We drive midweek games because of this as getting a metro back to Alti after is a nightmare. If there was a direct tram, and one after the other it would be a no brainer. Hopefully this is considered before expansion / co-op live goes ahead.

Taxi won’t ( shouldn’t be ) anything like £60. Roughly speaking private high taxis are about £2 a mile and town to the airport is about 10 miles. Black cab might be a bit dearer but still nowhere near £60.

Train is over £6 each now. So if there’s a few of you, it won’t be any cheaper anyway. Bus ( 43 ) is only £2 but takes about a week.
Quick google suggests it’ll be £40 upwards. Last time I used a taxi to Mcr city centre from Radcliffe cost me £20 for 6 miles, and that was 5 or 6 yrs ago. Got to be £30 now.

Quick google suggests it’ll be £40 upwards. Last time I used a taxi to Mcr city centre from Radcliffe cost me £20 for 6 miles, and that was 5 or 6 yrs ago. Got to be £30 now.

Yeah, I just checked my last taxi receipt and it was £12.50 for 4.4 Km. so my £2/ mile guess is probably a bit out of date. But still nowhere near the £60 the guy was quoted.

Yeah, I just checked my last taxi receipt and it was £12.50 for 4.4 Km. so my £2/ mile guess is probably a bit out of date. But still nowhere near the £60 the guy was quoted.
Early and late runs might incur charging both ways so I wouldn't be surprised if it cost that much sometimes.

Thanks.
Gives me a better idea. It's just the two of us. The £60 I got from Google searches. I think train is the way to go.
Thanks again

The proposed new super fast tram guarantees you will be back at Piccadilly 5minutes before leaving your seat in the stadium

3SSL.gif
Should have a maglev like they have downtown Shanghai to the Airport…. The new one is gonna go 600kph apparently!!!

So I fly into manchester on 14th April for the Leicester game and we're staying around northern quarter for a few nights.
What do people suggest for us to get to the hotel? Taxi? Bus? How much would I be expecting to pay?
Your input is appreciated
100% the train (about 15 minutes), not the tram (about 45 minutes)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.