Metrolink to / from Etihad

You can get a train from airport to central Manchester, which is reasonable iirc.
Or you can get tram(s) from airport to central Manchester , but you’ll feel you’re going everywhere in south Manchester before it starts to head north into the centre! Price reasonable.
No idea on buses.
Taxi would be expensive.
Thanks. At least I get to see part of the city before I have to jump off.

You can get a train from airport to central Manchester, which is reasonable iirc.
Or you can get tram(s) from airport to central Manchester , but you’ll feel you’re going everywhere in south Manchester before it starts to head north into the centre! Price reasonable.
No idea on buses.
Taxi would be expensive.
After many years of getting taxis to and from Manchester airport to Stockport station and then a ten minute train journey to Piccadilly, my last trips I’ve used the bus, as I’m foc I use my foc pass so it’s free ;-)

Last edited:
Appreciate your reply. Wasn't even aware there was a tram and train service.
Googled a taxi service and its coming up with 60 odd quid
Seems expensive but if we have to pay....
Rather throw 50 pound at someone on here who's happy to come pick us up haha.

Is your grandson toilet trained?
Google/apple maps the journey from the airport to your hotel, and switch to ‘public transport’ option, you’ll see how long it takes and how much walking involved from nearest train/tram station to your hotel

Appreciate your reply. Wasn't even aware there was a tram and train service.
Googled a taxi service and its coming up with 60 odd quid
Seems expensive but if we have to pay....
Rather throw 50 pound at someone on here who's happy to come pick us up haha.

Is your grandson toilet trained?
£60 is perhaps high, the tram is about £4 !
Sorry I can't pick you up unless you have my grandson :-) and ergh yes he's toilet trained honest.
Not a bad offer to other Blues though.

Thanks. At least I get to see part of the city before I have to jump off.
I wouldn't bother, it's all a bit boring that part of the tram network, train is best option. Look for a Trans-Pennine Express train (if they're not on strike) as they go direct to Victoria which might be better for NQ (depends on where your hotel is) so you're not messing with luggage getting across town. 24mins journey which is pretty good. Only an hourly service though so the other option is to go to Salford Crescent and change to Victoria as you don't need to walk far as it's just one platform.

Last edited:
So I fly into manchester on 14th April for the Leicester game and we're staying around northern quarter for a few nights.
What do people suggest for us to get to the hotel? Taxi? Bus? How much would I be expecting to pay?
Your input is appreciated

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.