Metrolink to / from Etihad

If you can surely its better to walk back? It only takes about the same amount of time to reach Manchester Piccadilly on foot.
I have not had to wait for more that ten minutes from arrival at the gate before getting a tram in the last two years.

I do have a priority tram season card mind.

The Bee Bus network is expanding in Gtr Manchester.

Also.

I’ll see it when I believe it under a future Labour Government, which will mean it will probably happen, as Manchester, Liverpool, and Leeds councils are Labour run.

Whitehall has confirmed the route for a £12bn rail link between Manchester and Liverpool, paving the way for the next stage of development of Northern Powerhouse Rail.

The government has signed off on the preferred route for a new rail line between the two cities, confirming it will go through Warrington Bank Quay and Manchester Airport.

Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham said the announcement “opens the door” for an underground station at Manchester Piccadilly.

Also.

I’ll see it when I believe it under a future Labour Government, which will mean it will probably happen, as Manchester, Liverpool, and Leeds councils are Labour run.

Whitehall has confirmed the route for a £12bn rail link between Manchester and Liverpool, paving the way for the next stage of development of Northern Powerhouse Rail.

The government has signed off on the preferred route for a new rail line between the two cities, confirming it will go through Warrington Bank Quay and Manchester Airport.

Greater Manchester Mayor Andy Burnham said the announcement “opens the door” for an underground station at Manchester Piccadilly.

£12 billion so you can get between Manchester and Liverpool in 35 minutes?

Seems a bit excessive when you can do it now in 40. Would probably be 35 now if they didn’t bother with the stops on the way.

Also.

See the small print. "The government will continue to assess alternatives that meet the objectives of Northern Powerhouse Rail in line with standard requirements for business case approvals. Any scheme must be affordable and demonstrate value for money for the taxpayer while seeking to support the rail capacity needs of central Manchester and deliver faster journey times and better connectivity across the North."

And smoke and mirrors: "the route between Liverpool and Manchester Piccadilly would be reduced from around 50 minutes to 35 minutes." (It's under 35 mins now between Liverpool and Manchester Victoria.)

There is no business case for a £12bn line from Liverpool to Manchester no quicker than now. And I doubt it could be built for £12bn (3 new stations, get across the Ship Canal, under the M6, and 7 miles of tunnel under south Manchester). At my most cynical, this is a dying Tory government that's pulled the plug on HS2 to the North, and is now desperate for some "levelling up" electoral boost - by promising a scheme that Labour would have to say really can't be done for the money.

Last edited:
£12 billion so you can get between Manchester and Liverpool in 35 minutes?

Seems a bit excessive when you can do it now in 40. Would probably be 35 now if they didn’t bother with the stops on the way.
So we can go and visit our old hub caps and alloy wheels a fraction quicker

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.