Metrolink to the stadium

The cookie monster said:
Anyone any idea how much the tram would be from ashton to town return ..and time wise of journey when its up and running?

Will be about £4.50 will take about 25-30 minutes
Doesnt go to Ashton until Late 2013, at the moment its just going to The Velodrome and then back to town
Will run every 12 minutes however on match days the service will run every 6 minutes for about 5 hours. So say its a 3pm kickoff the trams will go to The Etihad every 6 minutes between 1pm-6pm

Don't wanna slag it, it's good news that it's finally here. However, lookin at other euopean countries and their public transport systems, it's a joke that people from all over our conurbation are strugglin to get to the match. From a place the size of Manchester, it's sad that there aren't links from every corner. AND, there should be free travel with your match day ticket. Rip off fookin Britain! Shockin!!!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Won't be long before the Rochdale stretch is done! Matchday - Littleborough to Rochdale on the bus, Rochdale to Oldham on the tram, Oldham to Victoria on the tram, Victoria to Piccadilly on the tram, and whoopee, Piccadilly to Sports City! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Actually, I think I'll fuck that off an' come in the car!

and the cost of that!?

lancs blue said:
Mikecini said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Won't be long before the Rochdale stretch is done! Matchday - Littleborough to Rochdale on the bus, Rochdale to Oldham on the tram, Oldham to Victoria on the tram, Victoria to Piccadilly on the tram, and whoopee, Piccadilly to Sports City! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Actually, I think I'll fuck that off an' come in the car!

Milnrow, tram to The Etihad?

The normal scheduled tram to Droylsden is to run from Bury via Victoria and Piccadilly, but DEBE could get the train from Littleborough to Victoria then pick up the Droylsden tram to the Etihad.

Have yer tried those Northern Trains on a City matchday. I missed thirty seconds of the City v The Dippers League Cup match a couple of seasons back! Fuckin' train ne'er left Leeds!

The cookie monster said:
Anyone any idea how much the tram would be from ashton to town return ..and time wise of journey when its up and running?

A cheap day return from Ashton train station to Etihad tram stop is going to be £5.00.

Only just noticed that isn't what you asked at all.

Silvasleftfoot said:
AD4 said:
They should be commended for getting it completed on time.

4yrs of traffic jams, 4yrs from start to finish & nearly 12 months behind time !!

Did they build you kitchen extension overnight<br /><br />-- Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:44 am --<br /><br />
Stretford Born Blue said:
It will be chaos at the ground tram stop post match...............!

Sigh............After everything I have told you..lol

tidyman said:
The cookie monster said:

A cheap day return from Ashton train station to Etihad tram stop is going to be £5.00.
Cobblers. That would be dearer than the most expensive Metrolink offpeak return (Altrincham to Shaw or Bury). £2.60 return Droylsden to Etihad, £2.90 town to Etihad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.