Metrolink to the stadium

Vic said:
tidyman said:
The cookie monster said:
Anyone any idea how much the tram would be from ashton to town return ..and time wise of journey when its up and running?

A cheap day return from Ashton train station to Etihad tram stop is going to be £5.00.
Cobblers. That would be dearer than the most expensive Metrolink offpeak return (Altrincham to Shaw or Bury). £2.60 return Droylsden to Etihad, £2.90 town to Etihad.

Cobblers!! Is that the best you got?

I'm not saying this is anything but a coincidence, but the last ten blokes who questioned my unrivalled knowledge of ticket prices for public transport in the Greater Manchester area, all happened to live near canals.

This will be great for me, it means if I drive there will be less traffic, the parking around the ground might go back down to a fiver (supply and demand logic).

And when I want to get wasted with my dad and brother we can drink! Hurrah!

"Metrolink would like to apologise for any inconvenience to your journey."

Get used to that anyone daft enough to use it.

So what will be the best way to get to the ground from Bury?
(I'm Assuming there's no direct line between bury and droyldsen or is there??)

Bury - Picadilly. Then change at Picadilly and jump on the droyldsen line?

If that's the case, then that would be pretty handy.
Bury - Victoria or shudehill, few in sinclairs or the printworks.
Back on the tram to Picadilly then onto the ground.

2FBCBA7B-F8B5-406D-965C-7C2F2C4DB801-7437-000005CF254F9982_zpsfc04116b.jpg

11E84C43-EC03-4C1F-B9B1-F571D5586E23-7437-000005CF27587A7B_zpsbbcd6820.jpg

Vic said:
tidyman said:
The cookie monster said:
Anyone any idea how much the tram would be from ashton to town return ..and time wise of journey when its up and running?

A cheap day return from Ashton train station to Etihad tram stop is going to be £5.00.
Cobblers. That would be dearer than the most expensive Metrolink offpeak return (Altrincham to Shaw or Bury). £2.60 return Droylsden to Etihad, £2.90 town to Etihad.

Must admit ive been told anything from £3 to £5 from ashton to the etihad return
I just wondered could it be higher than a fiver from ashton to town return
If so that would seem a bit daft as the train is only £3 return and takes 12 mins.

Anyone coming from Oldham & Rochdale would be mad to go to town and change for the Etihad. Get off at Monsall and walk! It's only 5 mins walk beyond the brewery (20-25 min walk in total) on the other side of the A62. You'll be at the ground quicker for sure, it will cost you over a quid less and you'll get a bit of exercise thrown in for free. Not much queuing for the return journey either!

Anyone else notice that the 'next metro will arrive' signs actually work on the new line!

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Won't be long before the Rochdale stretch is done! Matchday - Littleborough to Rochdale on the bus, Rochdale to Oldham on the tram, Oldham to Victoria on the tram, Victoria to Piccadilly on the tram, and whoopee, Piccadilly to Sports City! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Actually, I think I'll fuck that off an' come in the car!

You might find it quicker by going from Littleborough to Victoria direct by train, then catch the tram from there.

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
Won't be long before the Rochdale stretch is done! Matchday - Littleborough to Rochdale on the bus, Rochdale to Oldham on the tram, Oldham to Victoria on the tram, Victoria to Piccadilly on the tram, and whoopee, Piccadilly to Sports City! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. Actually, I think I'll fuck that off an' come in the car!

If I catch the bus into Oldham we would have a similar journey. Set off about 6pm on a Friday night for at Sat 3pm KO. With good connections the chance of being back for Brunch on Sunday

Mad Eyed Screamer said:
awest said:
Here it is at last

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/droylsden-east-manchester-metrolink-line-1295847" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/ ... ne-1295847</a>

Just in time for the Commonwealth Games :)

Great. I'm thinking about taking in Ibrox for the Sevens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.