Metrolink users

It is insanity why they can't and won't run direct trams from these areas on match days. Anyone know why not?
Because after one particular game one of the Metties saw his arse with a few of us who didn’t get on the Eccles Met and waited for the Alty one.

What’s the fucking difference? Wait here, or get off and wait at another stop and the same number of people are waiting at one station or another.

And now you can’t get on the first few Alty single carriages in Town after a night game because they’re too packed.

The trams, as they stand, are just not up to the job of getting large crowds to and from City's ground. If you use them off-peak, they are generally great. Peak times, be prepared to be packed like a sardine, but they will get you there. Massive football crowds are a bridge too far.

I am sorry, I still take the view that we need an actual railway station on that goods line round the back, and yes I know it will cost money. But if we are going to make our ground bigger and eventually have a host of other attractions around the estate, it is needed. Pissing about with tram schedules and so on is not going to do it. Because the trams are being asked to do a job they are not up to - the fact they share the road with ordinary traffic over part of the route doesn't help either. Again, if you are on it on a Wednesday afternoon, it's fine. Football nights - bloody hopeless.

The other thing that might solve it would be a bespoke solution like a monorail to and from town - but that would cost a mint and it's about as likely as the Isle of Man joining the space race.

Because after one particular game one of the Metties saw his arse with a few of us who didn’t get on the Eccles Met and waited for the Alty one.

What’s the fucking difference? Wait here, or get off and wait at another stop and the same number of people are waiting at one station or another.

And now you can’t get on the first few Alty single carriages in Town after a night game because they’re too packed.

I e mailed them when the changes first happened asking why they had stopped the direct services from Altrincham and changed it to a direct service from Eccles. The reply was other areas were complaining there was no direct service from their area and they had to be fair. Still no idea why they can't just run trams that are going into Piccadilly the extra few stops to the stadium on match days, it doesn't seem that difficult. They tend to forget they are supposed to be a public service run for OUR benefit, not on the whims and strops of their managers and employees.

The cold wind and rain? I get the bus back into town but this is frustrating. You are in one long queue that isn't managed very well and moves extremely slowly due to half wits farting about with money. In spite of most of them getting the bus every week they still don't appear to know the price or have the money ready. The sooner they make it contactless or pre paid tickets only the better.
Mate.by the time the bus queue has gone down,you could be half way to town..the 'cold wind and rain' really shouldnt be a reason to avoid walking.
Best exercise you can do.and its free....after sitting for 90 mins at the match,get yer legs working and blood pumping with a power walk into town.
Use em,or ...lose em.; )

Mate.by the time the bus queue has gone down,you could be half way to town..the 'cold wind and rain' really shouldnt be a reason to avoid walking.
Best exercise you can do.and its free....after sitting for 90 mins at the match,get yer legs working and blood pumping with a power walk into town.
Use em,or ...lose em.; )

No thanks. I stand for 90 minutes in the south stand and can stick my hood up and hopefully get through the queue quickly and beat the traffic. It is a good ,30 minutes at least into town, where they got 15-20 minutes from I have no idea, unless I have missed a short cut I don't know about.

I e mailed them when the changes first happened asking why they had stopped the direct services from Altrincham and changed it to a direct service from Eccles. The reply was other areas were complaining there was no direct service from their area and they had to be fair. Still no idea why they can't just run trams that are going into Piccadilly the extra few stops to the stadium on match days, it doesn't seem that difficult. They tend to forget they are supposed to be a public service run for OUR benefit, not on the whims and strops of their managers and employees.
Mate, they are talking total shite. Use the tram myself to and from the match. The Alty line is by far the most popular, in fact too popular as I struggle to get on the twat at OT. Now I walk to Exchange Quay and get the direct service, virtually no one on it in comparison. There is no way extra trams can't be laid on after the match either, all doubles going to different routes after Cornbrook.

Mate, they are talking total shite. Use the tram myself to and from the match. The Alty line is by far the most popular, in fact too popular as I struggle to get on the twat at OT. Now I walk to Exchange Quay and get the direct service, virtually no one on it in comparison. There is no way extra trams can't be laid on after the match either, all doubles going to different routes after Cornbrook.

I agree. How many Blues come in from Eccles I wonder? The Altrincham line is always rammed even on non match days but you still wait while media city trams float past half empty.

I agree. How many Blues come in from Eccles I wonder? The Altrincham line is always rammed even on non match days but you still wait while media city trams float past half empty.
Decisions made by people who don’t use the service

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.