Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards

aguero93:20 said:
BlueGMD said:
aguero93:20 said:
Like playing on the wing for Brazil cause they don't trust him at right back? Right put him in, but Van der Wiel has achieved absolutely nothing, still you've got Lahm, Ramos (now a centre half) and Alves....that's 3 mate, you're not putting Zabaleta out of any top 5s here :D

Zabs good enough for this shortlist though 'eh? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifpro.org/news/news_details/2442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifpro.org/news/news_details/2442</a>
if that's the uefa shortlist, any team with ivanovic and luiz on it doesn't deserve any credence, and (from last season) zaba deserves a place on it far more than yaya or kun.

Also I dont think they base league performances on it that much more european hence why there are Chelsea players on the list after winning the wafer cup

I'd feel really bad if Micah left City, I love the guy and he's one of my favourite players (not to mention one of our longest serving players... if not THE longest serving player). He just got dealt a really bad hand with that injury in 11/12 and then everyone was shocked that Zaba was a world class RB.

Dynamo11 said:
I'd feel really bad if Micah left City, I love the guy and he's one of my favourite players (not to mention one of our longest serving players... if not THE longest serving player). He just got dealt a really bad hand with that injury in 11/12 and then everyone was shocked that Zaba was a world class RB.

As much as I love Micah I see no justification at present for his selection over Zaba other than keeping them fresh, so it's a case of does he have the patience & stomach for the fight, I'm not convinced he does but I'm really hoping to be proved wrong.

He should use Zaba as his inspiration, both back up players at similar stages of their careers. One kept his head down worked his socks off to improve and took his chance when it came along, the other ... Let's wait and see.

For what its worth and following Micah on twitter I do get the distinct impression that he is not adverse to moving on. This evening he tweeted a comment about 'banter' and that it was on its way out at the club. Its not the first time he has tweeted something that makes you wonder if he is a happy bunny at City and with all this talk about contracts and signing or not signing it would not be a surprise if he does leave in the summer.

The bit about 'banter' kind of fits in with the Hart thread and horsing about on the bench. My own view is that match day is our shop window and I don't think it is asking too much to maintain a professional attitude for 90 bleeding minutes but outside of that, like in any workplace, banter and twatting about or arranging a 'Harlem Shake' or whatever isn't a problem, but it is perhaps indicative of a subtle cultural shift and why the English players are looking a bit out of place?

Personally I think a more professional, focused attitude is no bad thing but I do want City to have some soul and I don't want to see the baby thrown out with the bathwater so to speak.

Tricky one

Curios that Richards is making comments about leaving if he doesn't get playing time when a month ago he pledged his undying loyalty to the club, that he wouldn't leave and wanted to retire at City.

Reprogramme him as CB. He played CB several times in the past and I thought he carried the position well. Stops him from doing those overlapping sprints and not doublebacking unlike Pab Zab.

Faster and stronger than Joleon too and has an eye for a pass.

shaiomarali said:
Reprogramme him as CB. He played CB several times in the past and I thought he carried the position well. Stops him from doing those overlapping sprints and not doublebacking unlike Pab Zab.

Faster and stronger than Joleon too and has an eye for a pass.

Good idea. He's got all the athleticism in the world for it. Would be sad if he left. Although he's been linked with going to Turkey lately.

Richards was quickly shifted from CB to RB in the early days as he doesn't have the intelligence to read the game at the elite level. Richards left men on crosses a lot. The most notable probably being Rooney's shinned goal. He's quoted as wanting to be a striker early in his development and here lies the problem. As an attacking full back he's good. As a defender he's dreadful. Lets not forget the awful arms length space he gives the oppo by placing his arm on them in some wierd crouching motion. I'd have Jones or Johnson ahead of him. Time to break up the little group of Hart Lescott and Richards, all three are stale and will be lucky if they stay past the summer IMO

Manchester1894 said:
Richards was quickly shifted from CB to RB in the early days as he doesn't have the intelligence to read the game at the elite level. Richards left men on crosses a lot. The most notable probably being Rooney's shinned goal.

Richards was playing RB in that derby, Vince and Lescott were the central pairing.

I think it's not unfeasible Micah will start against Southampton. We know Pellegrini likes to rotate full backs due to workload. We also know that he will keep giving his players chances to prove themselves. And Zab has played the last couple.

I wouldn't be that surprised if he did. Huge opportunity if he does. I haven't given up on him at all. With that pace and that strength he can easily get back to being a top drawer player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.