Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards

BoyBlue_1985 said:
aguero93:20 said:
BlueGMD said:
Zabs good enough for this shortlist though 'eh? <a class="postlink" href="http://www.fifpro.org/news/news_details/2442" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.fifpro.org/news/news_details/2442</a>
if that's the uefa shortlist, any team with ivanovic and luiz on it doesn't deserve any credence, and (from last season) zaba deserves a place on it far more than yaya or kun.

Also I dont think they base league performances on it that much more european hence why there are Chelsea players on the list after winning the wafer cup
still, luiz played in midfield and ivanovic was shit.

I love Micah as he is City through and through, but where as Zabs has developed both physically and mentally, Micah seems to be playing the same way and can not adapt his game. With Micah its storm forward no matter what with no thought about other players, space etc.. I just don't think he has the footballing brain. With that in mind, it pains me to say that I would not be that bothered if we sold him and bought a more "intelligent" replacement

Airbags Optional said:
I love Micah as he is City through and through, but where as Zabs has developed both physically and mentally, Micah seems to be playing the same way and can not adapt his game. With Micah its storm forward no matter what with no thought about other players, space etc.. I just don't think he has the footballing brain. With that in mind, it pains me to say that I would not be that bothered if we sold him and bought a more "intelligent" replacement
tbh I think the main point here is if we sell him we won't be able to replace him with someone as good, anyone who will sign knows they'll be second choice to zaba for at least the next 3 years

Didsbury Dave said:
I think it's not unfeasible Micah will start against Southampton. We know Pellegrini likes to rotate full backs due to workload. We also know that he will keep giving his players chances to prove themselves. And Zab has played the last couple.

I wouldn't be that surprised if he did. Huge opportunity if he does. I haven't given up on him at all. With that pace and that strength he can easily get back to being a top drawer player.

I have not given up on Micah either. Plenty did that once before but I stuck with my view on him being worth keeping and he did get back on track to some effect. The team has moved on and Zab has really stepped up whilst Micah has been injured; the lad needs to stay fit first of all and then let's see if he can make progress again.

i agree richards is class,cant understand why he hasnt had a start in middle of defence with all problems weve been having,

Didsbury Dave said:
I think it's not unfeasible Micah will start against Southampton. We know Pellegrini likes to rotate full backs due to workload. We also know that he will keep giving his players chances to prove themselves. And Zab has played the last couple.

I wouldn't be that surprised if he did. Huge opportunity if he does. I haven't given up on him at all. With that pace and that strength he can easily get back to being a top drawer player.

I think he'll start, with Clichy on the other side. I wouldn't be as confident with Kolarov and Micah in there, but one or the other in for the starting full backs and I think we're ok.

OB1 said:
Didsbury Dave said:

I have not given up on Micah either. Plenty did that once before but I stuck with my view on him being worth keeping and he did get back on track to some effect. The team has moved on and Zab has really stepped up whilst Micah has been injured; the lad needs to stay fit first of all and then let's see if he can make progress again.

I remember Sven saying about him 'you get quick players and you get strong players. But players who are both don't come along very often' and that's why I think there's real hope for him. As you say, it's years since he had a run of games. I hope it is with us, but I hope it doesn't take an injury to zab for him to prove it.

Just now on the Mr P thread they have been discussing United players that could get in our team. De Gea and Rooney have had mentions. In my opinion another one of the (very few) quality players they have is Rafael. A nasty little spoilt bugger on all accounts but a very decent player nonetheless.

I wouldn't take him over Zabs or Micah though.

In the right back spot we truly are blessed.

ifiwasarichfan said:
Just now on the Mr P thread they have been discussing United players that could get in our team. De Gea and Rooney have had mentions. In my opinion another one of the (very few) quality players they have is Rafael. A nasty little spoilt bugger on all accounts but a very decent player nonetheless.

I wouldn't take him over Zabs or Micah though.

In the right back spot we truly are blessed.

Kagawa to rotate and possibly play the number 10, Carrick's world class. Dare I say better than Busquets. I always seen him as slow and a decent passer but no Gaz Baz, then I took my blue tinted specs off and realized he's ace. Is there any scandals about him being gay or cheating or binge drinking so I can hate him? I'd take Welbeck over Dzeko. Evans over Lescott and that's about it.

shaiomarali said:
Reprogramme him as CB. He played CB several times in the past and I thought he carried the position well. Stops him from doing those overlapping sprints and not doublebacking unlike Pab Zab.

Faster and stronger than Joleon too and has an eye for a pass.
He's got all the attributes to be a centre half.

You can convert defenders into strikers (Chris Sutton) so we could easily - with a bit of work - convert Micah from a RB to a CH.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.