Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards

Matt the Giant said:
The past is usually a good indication of the future, and we simply can not hang on to a player just because he's a local kid, or a nice guy or for other sentimental aspects.

Zabba can't play every single game, and we need someone to breathe down his neck in training.

I sadly say it's time to face reality and start thinking about a City without Micah. Try to bring in Clyne in his place and while at it also go for Shaw for the left back position.

Definitely this. Time to cash in on Micah. We need reliable competition for Zab at right back and Micah's injuries are Darren Anderton-esque. Snap up both left and right backs from Southampton...they are both good now and look great potential to become even better in the future.

After tonight I can now say Micah has to move on both for him and the club. Even a conversion to CB will not guarantee a place for him. Pab Zab to Micahs expense has just immensely improved. If it is any consolation as Micah has always been a City player, I wonder if he would want to play for NYCFC. At least he represents us on that front.

Still would want him to be part of the team but I cant see how this can be true.

I can't believe how wide he has become, he can give us width but not the way we want, no wonder he's always cramping up. Too injury prone to take up a senior place in the squad, any senior player who's following this path is not only weakening the squad, taking wages without contributing but also blocking the progression of a young player.

Micah should hand Zab half his wages.

I like Richards and I think he has more ability most give him credit for but his physical build has become a debilitating weakness, I can never see him playing 30 games a season .

Him and Kompany should give up lifting that huge barbell and take up Yoga.

Move Micah on, shame but it's too long now since he's been of use.

would hate to see a home grown player leave , but hes made of glass , its ironic he talks about a new contract , and looking at this options at the end of the season , sorry micah but for what you have contributed for the last 2 seasons , we wont miss you .Thats a real shame because if he could put a run of twenty games together he would be going to brazil as the best right back in england.

He's bulked up far too much during his injuries which will only cause more injuries.

People of this size aren't meant for the fast & constant changes of direction and mileage that fullback requires.

As I said in the Pab Zab thread, the game changed when he came on. Would Micah have done the same job on Ribery? I don't want to have a dig at him but he hasn't evolved into the player he had the potential to be. Though it pains me to say it, is it now the time to cash in?

M24 Citizen said:
EL APACHE TEVEZ said:
I think he needs to call it a day.

For fuck sake he's had a full year out with injury and then some so give him a chance. He's an academy grad FFS! Besides that he was a key player in the title winning season and I felt he offered us another dynamic to our play that season.
That's all good and well but it's all in the past. What does he offer us today?

When chosen his displays have been poor.Even disregarding that his injury record alone would make it madness to offer him a new contract.Sentiment doesn't come into it these days i am afraid if we want to be the world's best.

I want Micah to stay more than anything, he's part of the club.

Just not sure how we're supposed to do it. Zaba can't play every minute because his backup is a perma-crock. Maybe we can get a loan.

Get well soon, Micah

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.