Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards

Troubadour said:
No I don't.
Name me one single player where our current coaches have improved or vastly improved any player over the last 3 years? You can't because there is none.
Improved in this season only, Nasri, Dzeko, Garcia, Kolorov, I'd also argue Hart since he was dropped, Silva in the last 2 months as well. I know there are many who will disagree, fair enough disagree, but in a system that is all about attack, where we defend with only 5 players and attack with 5, 7 on occasion when you include the two fullbacks.

Anyway back to Micah, he's a) not fit enough often enough, and b) not a good enough footballer to play the game we play. I wish he was both, I like the lad, but since the time he was a great prospect, City have gone from a club going nowhere, to a club with ambition of being best club side in europe. Unfortunately Micah hasn't improved at the same rate as the club has, and we need a reliable replacement at RB for Zab, Micah has proved this year he's not it, and we can't wait any longer for him to be a) fit enough, or b) good enough.

I'm sorry about that, I really am, but its the reality of the situation, and if rumours are true that we've offered him a deal, that he's refusing to sign, then its clear that we have to part ways, no matter how much a replacement costs.

He always had great potential. He had a really good season in our title win year but went backwards the next season, mainly because Mancini changed the back 4 to a back 3, so his chances were going to get less and less anyway.

IMO, get him to sign a new contract and send him out on loan for next season. He is young enough for a defender and the best years could well be ahead of him. Lend him to a mid table team (newcastle, stoke etc) so that he can get playing time. I would bet he would come really good after a season on loan, as long as he gets playing time, and would then be the perfect back up for Zabs and cup games

We all love Micah, but 2 games this season isn't good enough. Neither is 7 games last season.

I would rather we extended his contract and loaned him out for a year than sell him permanently.

In our title winning season, he was arguably the best right back in the league. if he can stay fit, he's very good. He needs a loan spell to try and stay fit and get some regular football.

CityFan94 said:
We all love Micah, but 2 games this season isn't good enough. Neither is 7 games last season.

I would rather we extended his contract and loaned him out for a year than sell him permanently.

In our title winning season, he was arguably the best right back in the league. if he can stay fit, he's very good. He needs a loan spell to try and stay fit and get some regular football.

If the contract offer stuff i've seen on here is true , i can't believe re-signing and going out on loan isn't an option , especially if sagna does come on a free, it wouldn't be hard to get rid of him if micah comes good.

It'd be stupid if next year zabaleta gets burnt out or injured cause of how much he's been run into the ground cause of richard's injuries, and we only have sagna to rely on. Meanwhile healthy, 2 years of rest micah prospers for another team.

rick773 said:
CityFan94 said:

If the contract offer stuff i've seen on here is true , i can't believe re-signing and going out on loan isn't an option , especially if sagna does come on a free, it wouldn't be hard to get rid of him if micah comes good.

It'd be stupid if next year zabaleta gets burnt out or injured cause of how much he's been run into the ground cause of richard's injuries, and we only have sagna to rely on. Meanwhile healthy, 2 years of rest micah prospers for another team.

Get rid of who ??

skybluepete said:
rick773 said:
CityFan94 said:

Get rid of who ??

I meant it'd be easy to get rid of Sagna after next year if he signed on a free this summer. Assuming Micah were to go on loan somewhere and stay healthy/get back to his previous standard.

skybluepete said:
Mad_fer_it said:
IanBishopsHaircut said:
I think Micah started going downhill when he started bulking up

He has the physique of a boxer now not a football player

Omg not another one of the "he's too bulky" parade. And how can you explain, justify this theory?
Ye so what he's got the physique of a boxer!? Can you not see how transferable the fitness of the two sports correlates. Boxers have disgustingly good speed, strength and CV endurance. They're also agile as fuck, lightning fast, have great power and strength? They're conditioned to have the shit kicked out of them and take physical contact? Oh ye, that's pretty much the type of fitness footballers should have. His size is fine, he's got a great engine on him, and runs like a beast. So how the hell you think his "size" injures him i don't have a clue! If it looked like as a result of his extra mass, he'd become less mobile, slower and somehow had lower endurance capacity, i would agree with you but that isn't the case.

Mad fer it - its nice to hear someone sticking up for Micah , he gets absolutely slaughtered on this thread by lots of our fans - if the fitness guys at the club thought he was too bulky surely they would put this right, after all they are the experts.

What gets me though is all these who suggest he is too big, never ever suggest the fitness guys at the club customise a fitness regime for him.

Lets hope none of our more popular players get injury problems- i wonder wether they would face the same criticism that Micah gets on here .- somehow i dont think so.

Unfortunately, (and i know this because i work in strength and conditioning and know a couple of ex players who retired young at prem clubs from injury). football and footballers in general are a nightmare to work with. If the S&C staff aren't getting over ruled by the manager they're usually incompetent as fuck. Mancini was apparently one of the ones who binned off our S&C staff, this was a major reason why Bellamy fell out with him. Bellers had his own S&C coach, who did all his fitness stuff for him, which is why at west ham and city he had a great run of games and wasn't injured much at all. But mancini didn't agree with it for some dumb reason and this kind of sparked him wanting to do one. On the other hand football S&C staff are just retards, stubborn retards with that. They do an ok job and nothing more, usually well connected people who get in because a buddy vouched for him/her. This is/was the case at United and Bolton Wanderers i know 2 ex players who retired early from these clubs and from the sport, and they said they barely knew the S&C staff were! They basically went in the gym and did their own stuff they just came up with on the spot!! Outrageous given the resources in prem level football. However i don't have a clue about the guys at City, but whatever the case it hasn't worked for Micah and that's really saddening to see. Sometimes you just get these athletes who are made of glass, but one thing i know for sure, and read this folks for all you pretend sports scientists "IT HAS FUCK ALL TO DO WITH HIS SIZE." He's naturally built like that. Same mould as Nedum Onuoha, ye Nedum was slightly less talented but he was the same kind of athlete, big stocky, powerful bloke, but unlike Micah rarely injured. Oh and he used to be a class 100m sprinter and trained for this (alongside football) until he was 18. If people on here could stop thinking they're fucking knowledge wizards on matter because they think nobody else will notice they know shit all about S&C that would be just great.

bluesimon said:
He always had great potential. He had a really good season in our title win year but went backwards the next season, mainly because Mancini changed the back 4 to a back 3, so his chances were going to get less and less anyway.
I was all for Mancini's removal because I believe he'd taken us as far as he was ever going to, but I really don't think you're right to criticise him here.

Richards didn't get many chances last season because he injured himself every time he got one, not because Mancini changed from a back 4 to a back 3. Mancini opted to change to a back 3 on occasion last season - but you've not only implied Mancini made the change permanent, you've also blamed RIchards' lack of chances on it, and that's ludicrous.

Richards played 9 games last season in all competitions for the same reason he's only played 7 games this season: he's never fit.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
bluesimon said:
I was all for Mancini's removal because I believe he'd taken us as far as he was ever going to, but I really don't think you're right to criticise him here.

Richards didn't get many chances last season because he injured himself every time he got one, not because Mancini changed from a back 4 to a back 3. Mancini opted to change to a back 3 on occasion last season - but you've not only implied Mancini made the change permanent, you've also blamed RIchards' lack of chances on it, and that's ludicrous.

Richards played 9 games last season in all competitions for the same reason he's only played 7 games this season: he's never fit.

fair point, but don't really agree. you might remember that micah came out publicly just before the start of that season stating that he really did not know how the back 3 system would work - and mancini went straight back at up - very publicly - stating that as a professional footballer, he should be able to play in any given defensive position. mancini was clearly pissed off with Micah and without doubt, put him on the back burner. Yes, he and yet more injuries, but mancini managed to go through last season, clearly losing the dressing room and most of the back room, one by one, so no surprise that micah would have been pissed off.
My point was that I think micah will come good, but he needs time playing and by putting him out on loan for all of next season, would be a no brainer for city. If he comes good, as his potential suggests and keeps fit, then he will be regular in the starting line up inter disbursing with Zabs. It would also be good for business coz if he goes this summer, quotes of £6m/£7m would be way too cheap - a good season on loan could at least double that figure.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.