Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards

bluesimon said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
bluesimon said:
He always had great potential. He had a really good season in our title win year but went backwards the next season, mainly because Mancini changed the back 4 to a back 3, so his chances were going to get less and less anyway.
I was all for Mancini's removal because I believe he'd taken us as far as he was ever going to, but I really don't think you're right to criticise him here.

Richards didn't get many chances last season because he injured himself every time he got one, not because Mancini changed from a back 4 to a back 3. Mancini opted to change to a back 3 on occasion last season - but you've not only implied Mancini made the change permanent, you've also blamed RIchards' lack of chances on it, and that's ludicrous.

Richards played 9 games last season in all competitions for the same reason he's only played 7 games this season: he's never fit.

fair point, but don't really agree. you might remember that micah came out publicly just before the start of that season stating that he really did not know how the back 3 system would work - and mancini went straight back at up - very publicly - stating that as a professional footballer, he should be able to play in any given defensive position. mancini was clearly pissed off with Micah and without doubt, put him on the back burner. Yes, he and yet more injuries, but mancini managed to go through last season, clearly losing the dressing room and most of the back room, one by one, so no surprise that micah would have been pissed off.
My point was that I think micah will come good, but he needs time playing and by putting him out on loan for all of next season, would be a no brainer for city. If he comes good, as his potential suggests and keeps fit, then he will be regular in the starting line up inter disbursing with Zabs. It would also be good for business coz if he goes this summer, quotes of £6m/£7m would be way too cheap - a good season on loan could at least double that figure.
Clichy also made similar criticisms of Mancini's decisions and he still managed to make 37 appearances last season. It was nothing to do with changing the formation, Richards missed 7 months of last season through injury.

Micah won't come good unless he gets his fitness in check. But can you see that happening? We've been waiting since this time in 2012 for him to get over his injuries. You say a good season would double his price tag, but getting a good season under his belt is something Richards won't do at this club ever again.

bluesimon said:
I was all for Mancini's removal because I believe he'd taken us as far as he was ever going to, but I really don't think you're right to criticise him here.

Richards didn't get many chances last season because he injured himself every time he got one, not because Mancini changed from a back 4 to a back 3. Mancini opted to change to a back 3 on occasion last season - but you've not only implied Mancini made the change permanent, you've also blamed RIchards' lack of chances on it, and that's ludicrous.

Richards played 9 games last season in all competitions for the same reason he's only played 7 games this season: he's never fit.

fair point, but don't really agree. you might remember that micah came out publicly just before the start of that season stating that he really did not know how the back 3 system would work - and mancini went straight back at up - very publicly - stating that as a professional footballer, he should be able to play in any given defensive position. mancini was clearly pissed off with Micah and without doubt, put him on the back burner. Yes, he and yet more injuries, but mancini managed to go through last season, clearly losing the dressing room and most of the back room, one by one, so no surprise that micah would have been pissed off.
My point was that I think micah will come good, but he needs time playing and by putting him out on loan for all of next season, would be a no brainer for city. If he comes good, as his potential suggests and keeps fit, then he will be regular in the starting line up inter disbursing with Zabs. It would also be good for business coz if he goes this summer, quotes of £6m/£7m would be way too cheap - a good season on loan could at least double that figure.
Clichy also made similar criticisms of Mancini's decisions and he still managed to make 37 appearances last season. It was nothing to do with changing the formation, Richards missed 7 months of last season through injury.

Micah won't come good unless he gets his fitness in check. But can you see that happening? We've been waiting since this time in 2012 for him to get over his injuries. You say a good season would double his price tag, but getting a good season under his belt is something Richards won't do at this club ever again.

And that's the clincher. I love Micah, he's blue through and through but there is no chance he will be a first team player as long as Zabba is here. Club loyalty aside, the best thing he could do for his career at this point is to leave.
When he's fit and on the top of his game, he's a top 6 player, and if he gets a long enough injury free run, he's top 4 quality all day.

skybluepete said:
Mr. Aguia said:
cleavers said:
Do you think that none of our current coaches are capable of "the right coaching" ?

City have moved on I'm afraid, we want to be the best club side in europe, its a long way ahead of where we were when Dunney and Micah were playing together and Micah was still a "prospect".

He's 26 this year and can't stay fit, but even if he could, he's not good enough to be at the level we are aiming for.

I say that with regret because I don't think there are many blues who wouldn't wish him to be, can he ragin that level, probably not, but its possible, do City have time to wait ? Absolutely not, we need a relaible, and excellent RB as back up, in fact we needed it about 8 months ago.

I'm with you. To me he's regressed as a player. The mental aspect is where he's really struggled when he's played. Seems to always make the wrong decision defensively. That's not coaching, that's on him. In America we would say he needs to spend more time in his play book. Knowing were he's supposed to be in different situations. To me he's been getting by on his athletic ability. Since he has good pace he's been able to make up for mistakes but you can't rely on that, particularly when you have fitness issues you aren't going to be able to make those types of plays. I question how bad he wants to be a great footballer. Having spent the better part of the last 2 years injured he could have spent that time really working on the mental side of the game. Clearly he hasn't.

When you've not played for a while or your not playing regular, your whole game suffers .
Your touch, speed of thought, positional sense, all of it .
He simply hasn't played enough or had the run of games to even give himself the chance of recapturing anything like the form he's capable of and show the manager what he can actually do.
Too many people harping on about his physicality , surely there are medical experts at the club who know much more than ourselves who can or would be able to make him train the way he needs to to lose his size , if they thought it necessary - so why haven't they ??

Fair enough but I don't think we can right off his poor play 100% to lack of playing time. That wouldn't account for him being in the wrong positions, picking up the wrong player etc.. Those are mental errors. He was making these types of errors during the early part of last season as well, so again I don't think we can write those off as errors due to lack of playing time. The coaching staff can tell a player to do or not to do all sorts of things. Doesn't mean they are going to do them. Just the other day Phil Scolari told his players they weren't to do any "gymnastic sex" during the world cup. Good luck enforcing that.

Someone else posted the idea of sending him out on loan next year hoping his form would return. Why would he want to do that? Why go to a team that has no long term interest in his development hoping that City would then guarantee him playing time. He'd be a free agent at the end of next year anyway so he'd be free to leave even if his form did return so why would the club go through all that?

bluesimon said:
bluesimon said:
He always had great potential. He had a really good season in our title win year but went backwards the next season, mainly because Mancini changed the back 4 to a back 3, so his chances were going to get less and less anyway.

Wasn't it after Ajax away? then Mancini criticized him for talking about the teams tactics.

Good players should be able to adapt to other formations and positions. Not come out and moan about the managers change.

Cant find a BBC link but

<a class="postlink" href="http://metro.co.uk/2012/10/24/manchester-citys-micah-richards-roberto-mancinis-tactics-cost-us-victory-against-ajax-607665/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://metro.co.uk/2012/10/24/mancheste ... ax-607665/</a>

then Mancini response

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/354739/Roberto-Mancini-Work-it-out-or-sit-on-the-bench-Micah-Richards" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football ... h-Richards</a>

Micah Richards Leaving...

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9261494/transfer-news-manchester-city-defender-micah-richards-set-for-summer-exit

Transfer News: Manchester City defender Micah Richards set for summer exit

Micah Richards has told Manchester City that he will not be signing a new deal at the club, and will look to leave this summer.

Sky Sports understands that Richards confirmed to City chiefs in early March that he would not be signing a deal which was offered to him last summer.

Richards, who has come through the ranks at City, has decided that the time is right to seek a new challenge.

The 25-year-old has just over 12 months left on his current deal at the Etihad Stadium and City were keen on extending his stay to keep him at the club.

However, with first-team football not guaranteed under Manuel Pellegrini, Richards is now looking elsewhere and City will opt to sell this summer rather than risk losing him for nothing in a year's time.

A source told Sky Sports: "It is with a heavy heart that Micah has told City that he will not be signing his new deal and they have now accepted he will be leaving. Micah has grown up at City and given his all but this is the right time to move on."

A host of clubs are now monitoring Richards, who has spent much of his time at City at full-back, but is also viewed as a centre-half.

In the Premier League, Arsenal, Liverpool, Newcastle, West Ham and Tottenham are all believed to be monitoring the situation, whilst there are clubs in France, Spain and Italy also looking, with AC Milan known to be one of those keen on taking him.

A spokesman for Richards' agents Sidekick refused to comment on the situation.

Re: Micah Richards Leaving...

Probably be missed in the dressing room, but not good enough.

Re: Micah Richards Leaving...

ippe83.jpg

will be missed for sure, i think the potential was there, but he just didnt seem to get there, but wish him the best for sure

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.