Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards - Why I had To Leave City

stony said:
i♥city! said:
Chelsea are considering whether to offer a contract to former England defender Micah Richards, with the 26-year-old believed to be open returning to the Premier League after spending this season on loan at Fiorentina.

Richards, whose contract at Manchester City expires in June and is now free to sign a pre-contract agreement with clubs overseas, has already been offered a long term deal by Fiorentina having turned down two contract extensions to stay at the Etihad Stadium in the past.

But after trying to sign him in his previous spell as Chelsea manager and again for Real Madrid in 2012, José Mourinho is now keeping a watchful eye on the situation in case he decides to bolster his defence for next season.

Roberto Mancini, the Internazionale coach who managed Richards at City, is also believed to be interested in Richards ‎as he fits into the 4-3-1-2 system that the Italian ‎is moulding for his new team.

With Glen Johnson expected to leave Anfield this summer, Liverpool could be tempted to replace him with the player who remains the youngest defender ever to play for England.

A product of Manchester City’s youth academy, Richards was a regular in Mancini’s title-winning side in 2011-12 but subsequently fell behind Pablo Zabaleta in the pecking order. He decided to move to Serie A on loan in a bid to play regularly despite being offered an improved contract by City.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jan/05/chelsea-micah-richards-free-move-summer-manchester-city" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ester-city</a>

Someone is really mad at us for getting Lamps lol.

It would be funny as fuck if Micah knocked him back saying he could never play for one of our rivals.
Even funnier if they offer him a huge contract purely out of spite and with revenge against us in mind.
If that latter does happen, we should all sign up to every Chelsea forum on the internet just to wish him well.

Perfect scenario would be a 0-2 away victory over Chelsea . Lamps scoring a goal and Richards tripping Silva in the penalty area :)

Tim of the Oak said:
bluechampion7891 said:
City1974 said:
Micah wanted to leave City to get games he said and yet just 3 appearances for Fiorentina who look unlikely to take him on next season and now Inter and Chelsea and Liverpool are interested in him
<a class="postlink" href="http://w...otball-italia.net/60755/in ... ds-running</a>

He may as well have stayed at City and got some games when Zabaleta was rested or injured or suspended. Sagna has not been any better than Richards as a backup for Zabaleta.

sagna has been available whenever zabba needed a rest.

sagna has also not been substituted b/c of being shit

Sagna should have been subbed yesterday. He didn't get into the game!

I remember him playing a ball into space for Navas to cross from which subsequently Milner scored to win the game. Or was that some game else

Navas ignores a lot of Zabba's runs, he does it more visibly than Navas. Sagna was also good defensively, something that Micah was certainly not in the past year

bluechampion7891 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
bluechampion7891 said:
sagna has been available whenever zabba needed a rest.

sagna has also not been substituted b/c of being shit

I remember him playing a ball into space for Navas to cross from which subsequently Milner scored to win the game. Or was that some game else

Navas ignores a lot of Zabba's runs, he does it more visibly than Navas. Sagna was also good defensively, something that Micah was certainly not in the past year

That's a helluva contribution for 90 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday mate. I hope Sagna comes good for us (and he's done oK in the Champs League) but on Sunday he was lucky to get past half-time.

Tim of the Oak said:
bluechampion7891 said:
Tim of the Oak said:

That's a helluva contribution for 90 minutes against Sheffield Wednesday mate. I hope Sagna comes good for us (and he's done oK in the Champs League) but on Sunday he was lucky to get past half-time.

only player lucky was kolarov IMO. Sagna was more than decent defensively

bluechampion7891 said:
Tim of the Oak said:
bluechampion7891 said:

only player lucky was kolarov IMO. Sagna was more than decent defensively

That's probably because he stayed back and they only had the big lad up front and another guy breaking to support him. Both Sagna and Kolarov could have been subbed.

It is a fair point that it isn't easy to strike up an understanding with Navas (particularly if you are in and out of the team) so I can understand why Sagna is staying back more and not getting in the way of Jesus!

Micah Richards why I had to leave City ( and now can't get in the Florentina, as I call it , team ). Because I'm shite !!

peter.evans said:
Micah Richards why I had to leave City ( and now can't get in the Florentina, as I call it , team ). Because I'm shite !!

a bit fucking harsh, Richards was a loyal player through the years and deserves credit!

Don't give a fuck what you think, Richards will go down as a true blue that played for City. He will in my eyes be higher in my estimations than the Yaya's of this world.

Robbo. said:
peter.evans said:

a bit fucking harsh, Richards was a loyal player through the years and deserves credit!

Don't give a fuck what you think, Richards will go down as a true blue that played for City. He will in my eyes be higher in my estimations than the Yaya's of this world.

Just depends what you like to watch an athlete who can kick a football, or a footballer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.