Micah Richards (2014/15)

Re: Micah Richards

Damanino said:
We will get very low fee for him. Maybe less than 5m.

Sooner or later he will have to go for a medical and then we maybe cant even sell him and will loan him out with us paying some of his wages. Wrost case scenario of course.

We won’t get anything. No player is going to agree to a transfer in their last year of a contract when they could take any fee themselves in 6 months.

Micah is a good lad and a good player, he could be a great player if he could put a couple of solid seasons together fitness wise. Chelsea seems like a bad move to me he needs game time and there are plenty of clubs with smaller squads that would offer more game time. Whatever he does I would wish him well.

Re: Micah Richards - Why I had To Leave City

grim up north said:
Robbo. said:
peter.evans said:
Micah Richards why I had to leave City ( and now can't get in the Florentina, as I call it , team ). Because I'm shite !!

a bit fucking harsh, Richards was a loyal player through the years and deserves credit!

Don't give a fuck what you think, Richards will go down as a true blue that played for City. He will in my eyes be higher in my estimations than the Yaya's of this world.

Just depends what you like to watch an athlete who can kick a football, or a footballer

Correct, and I prefer the latter ! Higher estimation than Ya Ya ? Beam me up Scotty ! Paul Power was a 'true blue' but will he be remembered more than Ya Ya ?

Robbo. said:
a bit fucking harsh, Richards was a loyal player through the years and deserves credit!

Don't give a fuck what you think, Richards will go down as a true blue that played for City. He will in my eyes be higher in my estimations than the Yaya's of this world.

What made him especially 'loyal'?

How is he a 'true blue'?

He came a cross as vain and arrogant, and in reality he was an overrated footballer. Good but overrated.

Yaya may have said some stupid things but he will be remembered as one of the geatest footballers to have played for our club. Richards will not. However, he will be happy because he will be remembered as someone who was built like a boxer and had an annoying laugh.

I find it strange that James Miolner is getting so much stick over not yet signing his contract. Yet Richards has done exactlky the same. During the length of the contraxcts for each player, Milner has contributed to our success. Richards seemingly spent most of his time preening himself or being worked over by a physio.

much as I like the bloke

I think someone needs to instill a sense of reality into this lad

this is from his own website <a class="postlink" href="http://www.micahrichards.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.micahrichards.com</a>

Micah Richards has established himself as one of the finest defenders in Europe since making his debut in 2005 at the age of 17.

Finest in europe is a bit of a stretch dont you think

There's no mystery in why Richards had to leave City. He burst onto the scene as a hugely promising young prospect, his pace, size, strength etc meant he was ahead of his young counterparts, and City's squad of the time wasn't overflowing with world class options. However, partly due to injuries, partly due to application, and partly due to genetics, his development plateaued, at the same time as his rivals to first team games increased in their quality. Richards found himself unable to get regular football and, when he did, whether it be due to an inate lack of ability to perform at the highest level, a lack of confidence brought on by no games and fitness issues, or poor attitude/application, he invariably struggled and, at times, looked woefully out of his depth.

The simple fact is in order to get regular football in City's current squad, you've got to be world class, or bordering on it. Richards is some way adrift of being either of those things. If we'd not been invested in by ADUG then Richards would probably still be a first team regular, and City would be a bottom half Premier League side, at best.

Alwaya a legend for scoring a goal before he had his media training and embarassing Gary Lineker beautifically on live BBC.

As for the playing side, simply not good enough nowadays I'm afraid. I suspect the links with bigger English clubs are put about by his agent. If you cant get a game in Serie A these days.......................................

Someone might have him on freedom of contract

I'm disappointed to mate but I shouldn't be surprised. Probably the same dick heads who made Richard edghills life a misery too.

Ok, Micah Richards may, ultimately, have not been good enough for where we want to be. He was a victim of Pablo's rise to one of the best full backs around and injuries blighted him too but for 'fans' to say he is shit is grossly unfair. Laurent Charvet was SHIT. Michael ball was SHIT. do I need to go on naming shit full backs?
Richards came in at a young age, did exellent, played for England, was one of our best defenders and to me is a Blue! Things change and times change and it is probably time to move on but I'd still take him over Sagna.
Were you all supporting City when we hammerd the reds 6-1? Richards was awesome that day and at the time was head and shoulders above Zabba. Any one who's vast knowledge of football is summed up by saying he 'is shit' clearly doesn't know a lot.

So, from me it's a big GOOD LUCK to Micah Richards wherever you end up. Once a blue....

marcus said:
I'm disappointed to mate but I shouldn't be surprised. Probably the same dick heads who made Richard edghills life a misery too.

Ok, Micah Richards may, ultimately, have not been good enough for where we want to be. He was a victim of Pablo's rise to one of the best full backs around and injuries blighted him too but for 'fans' to say he is shit is grossly unfair. Laurent Charvet was SHIT. Michael ball was SHIT. do I need to go on naming shit full backs?
Richards came in at a young age, did exellent, played for England, was one of our best defenders and to me is a Blue! Things change and times change and it is probably time to move on but I'd still take him over Sagna.
Were you all supporting City when we hammerd the reds 6-1? Richards was awesome that day and at the time was head and shoulders above Zabba. Any one who's vast knowledge of football is summed up by saying he 'is shit' clearly doesn't know a lot.

So, from me it's a big GOOD LUCK to Micah Richards wherever you end up. Once a blue....
He was the best right back in the league for our title win under Mancini. Was a crime that he wasn't at the euro's that year.

marcus said:

Some good comments however, since 2012 he's been going downhill faster than a runaway train.

It was best for all concerned that he left, at one time I thought he could have been a superstar after getting the England right back gig as chuckle packed it in but due to injuries, perhaps application and certainly form he is/was nowhere near superstardum.

Good luck in Italy, I don't follow the fortunes of Florentina closely but if he's actually been fit his game time is shocking. Maybe, just maybe he's the level we thought he was not the level he thinks he is himself.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.