Micah Richards the pundit

I to had worker with lots of rags down here in kent. Piss taking when I was still wearing my City hat etc at work in the 3rd division. Only got into one bout of pushing and shoving at work but could easily have been more. Not one of these twats had been to Trafford, not one knew they history pre primer league.
I could never understand how you support a club 300 miles away without any family ties.

Now sadly I dont know any rags, sods law isnt it. Years of abuse from them and now I cant give it back !
You worked with typical rags mate, I lived in Rochdale for a long time and a rag in the pub baited me (indirectly of course!) for years (mid-80's to mid-90's) anyway, after taking a valued customer Ciba Geigy no less) to the 5-1 (who behaved impeccably i must add!!) I decided to get larruped in town, before catching the train to Milnrow and getting a cab to the pub where said Rag was. Some of my rag supporting proper mates welcomed me as i literally fell in the pub and said "come on then, give it to us, we've been waiting for you" all great banter...:-) Which i duly did to great laughter, except for the one prick who i gave a Manchester A-Z to (which i had bought in town along with a highlighter) and on the train journey i had highlighted how to get to The Swamp from the pub! As despite his rag loyalty and constant rag shirt wearing, he had never been to The Swamp (of course) and to say he didn't react well is an understatement and as he was being 'held back by his mates' (all 2 of them) i went to the bogs and he followed me..... Then the most bizarre thing happened (As i was desperately trying to put the 'medium sized' general back in) he just stared at me and when i looked him in the eyes, expecting a ruck, he just rolled his eyes and left, without having a piss .....
Then when i came out he pointed to me and said to his mates, rather loudly, "it was a good job i didn't know the blue bastard was in there, otherwise i would have gone in and chinned him!" ..........I mean WTF ...... ????
Needless to say i drank well into the night, he left staring at me all the way out (with his mates 'holding him back' again!) and i went onto Rochdale and finished the night off in 'Dukes' where i pretty much drank myself sober with mates, both blue and match going reds!!

Talking of Villa’s relegation in 2016.

“It was huge news. Villa were the biggest club to suffer this fate, bigger than Nottingham Forest (1993) and Leeds (2004). They will lose that title this spring, however, if Everton fall.”

He thinks City aren’t on a par size wise with these teams.

Forest FFS.

Talking of Villa’s relegation in 2016.

“It was huge news. Villa were the biggest club to suffer this fate, bigger than Nottingham Forest (1993) and Leeds (2004). They will lose that title this spring, however, if Everton fall.”

He thinks City aren’t on a par size wise with these teams.

Forest FFS.
He has morphed into a typical ex footballer pundit. He opens his gob before thinking. That he was a blue makes it even worse.

He has morphed into a typical ex footballer pundit. He opens his gob before thinking. That he was a blue makes it even worse.
Whilst claiming to want City to win (and he probably does) he also swallows the whole City are a small club/emptihad/Anfield’s atmosphere lies hook line and sinker. It’s a shame.

Micah is falling into the pathway of being a smiling, nodding pundit. His opinion is often not remembered, only his laugh.

I have no problem with him speaking of his own experience and giving that input, but his bosses probably prefer him to rub up against other pundits the wrong way and then give it a good belly laugh to show they're all mates really.

I do appreciate him being in the city corner though on occasion, but for me he doesn't challenge the others nearly enough on their comments and insight, which is often poorly thought out, probably because he doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds or isn't actually aware enough to do it?

I'll always have a fondness for Micah as an ex city player who did well for us and brought success, but I wouldn't watch a programme because he was on it. Nedum on the other hand always has something interesting to say, and I much prefer that style.

But fair play to him, there is a market our there for that kind of pundit. I much prefer a good tactical analysis to the sky's pundit twin cheerleaders, Shearer's bias or a funny laugh or quirk. But evidently I'm in the minority here as hardly any outlets cater for this.

Another example I'd give is when they have the away fan on the bluemoon podcast, usually they are fairly humble but give good insight into what City should expect, how they view City and manage it all whilst obviously not wanting city to win the next game!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.