Micah Richards the pundit

Forest had a 3 year spell of (brilliantly managed by Clough) success but beyond that 2 FA Cups and then another 2 league cups with Clough later on.

Villa are miles bigger.
Forest also only sit 23rd in the country for most seasons in the top flight, 22nd in the all-time league table, 21st in all-time average attendance, and 30th in a list of each club’s highest ever attendance.

By almost every conceivable measure (bar one - two European Cups), they’re a second tier club.

Last edited by a moderator:
Talking of Villa’s relegation in 2016.

“It was huge news. Villa were the biggest club to suffer this fate, bigger than Nottingham Forest (1993) and Leeds (2004). They will lose that title this spring, however, if Everton fall.”

He thinks City aren’t on a par size wise with these teams.

Forest FFS.
Kind of see where Micah is coming from to a degree if he is just talking Premier League era (not heard him say it).
After our relegation in 1983 (which was a huge shock) our consequent relegations from the top flight weren't a massive surprise (certainly not to us blues) Going down to the 3rd tier obviously was.
With regards the other teams Forest were a fantastic side for a short period (late 70s, start of 80s) but have been largely unremarkable since.
Villa and Leeds certainly weren't averse to getting relegated and spending time in the lower divisions in the 80s themselves.
Obviously open to interpretation, but if Everton did get relegated his season I feel it would be the biggest 'shock '(not that Everton fans appear to be shocked at the prospect) since we lost to Luton on the final day back in 1983.

Thought we would get a pro city man at last but he says what sky wants , even with phil needing to go on loan bollocks , the other two are so biased towards their teams and micah is trying to be neutral , why , what is good for them should be good for him , he is much freer on motd so defo has a sky script

I’ll be honest, if he wasn’t an ex City player I’d think he was a complete and utter bell end.

He’s atrocious on TV.

Absolutely. I really can’t be doing with his nonsense and don’t watch him anymore.

Compare him to Nedum and he comes a very distant second. Ned is measured, interesting and intelligent.

Micah has always been one of my favourite ‘pundits’ (I use the word loosely as there aren’t really any true pundits now just opinionated wallies) but he has gone right down in my estimation recently. He is obviously kow towing to his bosses instead of using his brain. Come on Micah have a word with Nedum, there’s my favourite and he is really an old style true pundit. Ned could teach you a thing or two. Great guy who knows what he’s talking about.

Kind of see where Micah is coming from to a degree if he is just talking Premier League era (not heard him say it).
After our relegation in 1983 (which was a huge shock) our consequent relegations from the top flight weren't a massive surprise (certainly not to us blues) Going down to the 3rd tier obviously was.
With regards the other teams Forest were a fantastic side for a short period (late 70s, start of 80s) but have been largely unremarkable since.
Villa and Leeds certainly weren't averse to getting relegated and spending time in the lower divisions in the 80s themselves.
Obviously open to interpretation, but if Everton did get relegated his season I feel it would be the biggest 'shock '(not that Everton fans appear to be shocked at the prospect) since we lost to Luton on the final day back in 1983.

It’s nothing to do with biggest ‘shock’. This is about biggest club and Micah quite clearly ranks Everton, Villa AND FOREST FFS above City.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.