Micah Richards the pundit

I'm not disagreeing with what you say but it is worth pointing out that Nedum is every bit as high profile as Steve Warnock, Lee Hendrie, both if whom who get much better platforms than him. Also, at the risk of sounding like one of those gammon-faced misogynistic goons, surely he's more high profile than any of the female pundits (bar Alex Scott, maybe)?

I think it's more likely down to the dispiriting fascination with 'avin' a laugh, isn't this just like your mates down the pub, banter style punditry that Micah's likeable buffoonery gets the nod over Nedum's more considered musings.

PS: apologies for inserting quote in the middle of my text but in my defence, when it comes to technology, like so many other things, I am a bit of a moron.
Lee Hendrie and Warnock are unlikely to cover city games though. Can't really picture Lee Hendrie in the studio alongside Spitty and the Mayor of Salford covering the big games.
Nedum's fantastic and I think we're all agreement on that. Shame he gets a similar amount of exposure as the likes of 'the war of the roses in 1066' Jermaine Beckford... probably less in fact. Surprised the club haven't utilised him in some capacity if the opportunities aren't there for him in punditry elsewhere. Like PC says though, it may be his decision to do the small amount he does.

Don't know about anybody else but I much prefer Nedum Onouha's take on city matters. Aware he doesn't get the same exposure as Micah and you don't really see him in the studios as he probably isn't high profile enough for mainstream tv. Seems far more knowledgeable and articulate to me.
Agree totally.

Not sure why people are getting animated about this. It’s not in Mica’s nature to talk negatively or disparagingly; he’s just being himself and trying to earn a living.
I felt pretty pissed off with him when he says "I didn't like to see United struggle last season"
I didn't feel that represented the feelings of City fans, after decades of them laughing at us.

He’s not employed just to represent the feelings of City fans tbf.
I fully appreciate that, and the fact that a portion of fans don't mind what he said. I think it annoyed me when I read it particularly when he preceded it by saying he was a "true blue".
It doesn't bother me now but at the time it pissed me off.

When did any pundit say they didn’t like to see City struggle though? The ex rag pundits are thrilled when we don’t win a game.

Aren’t they supposed to be impartial too?
Maybe my memory is clouded, but I don’t remember ex-United pundits really sticking the knife in when we were shit either? Tended to be a similar condescending tone that Micah adopted from what I can recall, i.e. sad to see such a big club becoming a laughing stock.

Maybe my memory is clouded, but I don’t remember ex-United pundits really sticking the knife in when we were shit either? Tended to be a similar condescending tone that Micah adopted from what I can recall, i.e. sad to see such a big club becoming a laughing stock.
Probably because we hadn’t been relevant to them in years.

They never lamented that they always won the derbies and wished they were tighter contests, from my memory anyway.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.