Micah Richards the pundit

Don't know about anybody else but I much prefer Nedum Onouha's take on city matters. Aware he doesn't get the same exposure as Micah and you don't really see him in the studios as he probably isn't high profile enough for mainstream tv. Seems far more knowledgeable and articulate to me.

Then you aren’t a true blue

View attachment 56916

Fuck off
What’s he on about?

We’ve lost 4 of the last 6 home derbies.

Our record in the last 7 home and away is: P7 W3 D1 L3 F8 A6
and in the last 19 against them: P19 W8 D3 L8 F23 A21

So how could they have possibly have been too easy? They’ve taken more points off us than anyone in a time we’ve finished ahead of them every season.

Do pundits only work when the camera is switched on? Do any of them ever keep records or do any research? They’re nearly all clueless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't know about anybody else but I much prefer Nedum Onouha's take on city matters. Aware he doesn't get the same exposure as Micah and you don't really see him in the studios as he probably isn't high profile enough for mainstream tv. Seems far more knowledgeable and articulate to me.
Nedum is more educated than the average football player. Stayed on at college doing A levels whilst a trainee, and comes from a family of well educated people - seems very smart as well overall and self aware.

As you say his vocabulary stands out against the majority of pundits like carragher, thompson, merson et al who jabber one sentence out, forget to finish it then start another one. Verbally those types of proper football men pretty much cannot find the words to express themselves and state a fact “not for me Jeff” without backing it up with examples or stats.

I like Micah but he struggles sometimes when talking to presenters like Mark Chapman and even Linekar who speak with much better fluidity. He can stammer at times trying to find the words and rarely gives you something insightful. His whole USP is laughing his tits off.

Shearer speaks really really slowly to sound knowledgeable but mostly gets the gig by being one of the best footballers the premier league has seen.

Murphy’s opinions and bias towards liverpool and spurs especially annoy me but he does actually do tactical analysis which shows you something you might not have noticed and speaks well.

Micah is a god send in a world of two faced punditry.

He has NO hidden agenda. No snide bullshit, no bitterness and no corporate bullshit, just a good lad who's enjoying his moment and being what NO other pundit can be...himself!

Micah's a one off, just take a look around you at many of the other pundits...

Gary Lineker....okay but way above himself...

Gary Neville...cockwomble who believes he a god amongst men, but is bitter tosser!

Spitty... tries to hard to be who want to be and then let's himself down...kinda like him for his honesty, but another bitter prick.

Rio, dumb ****, thicker than whale spunk. Massive ego.

I could go on....

Nedum is more educated than the average football player. Stayed on at college doing A levels whilst a trainee, and comes from a family of well educated people - seems very smart as well overall and self aware.

As you say his vocabulary stands out against the majority of pundits like carragher, thompson, merson et al who jabber one sentence out, forget to finish it then start another one. Verbally those types of proper football men pretty much cannot find the words to express themselves and state a fact “not for me Jeff” without backing it up with examples or stats.

I like Micah but he struggles sometimes when talking to presenters like Mark Chapman and even Linekar who speak with much better fluidity. He can stammer at times trying to find the words and rarely gives you something insightful. His whole USP is laughing his tits off.

Shearer speaks really really slowly to sound knowledgeable but mostly gets the gig by being one of the best footballers the premier league has seen.

Murphy’s opinions and bias towards liverpool and spurs especially annoy me but he does actually do tactical analysis which shows you something you might not have noticed and speaks well.
Pretty much agree with all of this. Believe Micah gets so much work more to his happy go lucky nature than his actual punditry and analysis skills. In addition to the fact he is one of the very few English players from when the team started winning trophies again.
I like Micah purely for being a blue but don't believe he offers anything meaningful or insightful into a game being broken down. Actually prefer listening to Lescott over him.... even with that accent.

a few years ago, every blue hated sky because when our games come on, it was utd liverpool people talking about it, now we have Micah wh stand our corner and city fans dont like it because he carnt put a few sentances together, he is a city fan and just because he says we dont play well or do something else he gets dogs abuse for it. look at some of his banter with keane, he loves to wind him up and when city wins against them he takes the piss, not alot but still does it, i know who i would rather be in a box with and thats micah because he is a great laugh and i bet hes a great bloke as well, i dont need other people tell me how well/ shit we have played because i have eyes and can see it

a few years ago, every blue hated sky because when our games come on, it was utd liverpool people talking about it, now we have Micah wh stand our corner and city fans dont like it because he carnt put a few sentances together, he is a city fan and just because he says we dont play well or do something else he gets dogs abuse for it. look at some of his banter with keane, he loves to wind him up and when city wins against them he takes the piss, not alot but still does it, i know who i would rather be in a box with and thats micah because he is a great laugh and i bet hes a great bloke as well, i dont need other people tell me how well/ shit we have played because i have eyes and can see it
I'd rather be in a box with him too, but I'm not, I'm watching it on the tv. Don't dispute that he's probably a really decent bloke either but putting sentences together is quite an important part of his role when he's doing punditry. If being a city fan and winding up Keane is his USP then I'm sure there's plenty of blues that could fill in for him.

I'm not disagreeing with what you say but it is worth pointing out that Nedum is every bit as high profile as Steve Warnock, Lee Hendrie, both if whom who get much better platforms than him. Also, at the risk of sounding like one of those gammon-faced misogynistic goons, surely he's more high profile than any of the female pundits (bar Alex Scott, maybe)?

I think it's more likely down to the dispiriting fascination with 'avin' a laugh, isn't this just like your mates down the pub, banter style punditry that Micah's likeable buffoonery gets the nod over Nedum's more considered musings.

PS: apologies for inserting quote in the middle of my text but in my defence, when it comes to technology, like so many other things, I am a bit of a moron.

I don’t just prefer Nedum in the pro-City pundit category, comparing him to Micah; I prefer Nedum to most pundits out there.

Nedum ‘gets it’. He understands the game and how to articulate it to the listeners. How he’s not come through the ranks to become a popular pundit I have no idea. Is Nedum any less of a name than the ex-Wolves ’keeper, Matt Murray, who’s in the studio for Sky tonight?

I just don’t think Sky have heard much of Nedum and he’s simply not forcing the issue himself, probably doesn’t have an agent (he didn’t as a player) and is just enjoying what he does where he does it at present.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.