Micah Richards the pundit

Micah's harmless enough he just isnt the brightest spanner in the tool box , he gets criticised for not being bias enough , but really that's a compliment , twats like Carragher and Murphy are just brainwashed Dippers and they shoehorn the Dippers into anything and everything.
Their favourite saying is ourselves and the Dippers are the two best teams in the world , but only one team can be the best in the world and its not Clubshop and his merrymen , the Dippers may consider themselves to be second best, which is debatable but we are the bestand have been for a long time look at our trophy cabinet Dippers , you four trophies of note in a decade under Klippety isnt cutting it
Another daft thing is how when the dippers are occasionally on a good run of form the media is suddenly mysteriously awash with these points comparison charts from random date A to random date B arbitrarily chosen to offer the illusion of equality.

The only points comparison chart of any interest is the final league table at the end of each season.

The use of the word quarter back also anmoyed me .
Slowly changing terminology perhaps to seduce the US market
It's being going on for a good few years now and this together with the numerous commercial breaks and significant additional 'injury ' time which keeps fans in the ground longer all part of the move to mimic American football fan experience,imo.
God help us if we end up like aMerkin football (which isn’t football at all, just organised crashing into the opposition).

Another daft thing is how when the dippers are occasionally on a good run of form the media is suddenly mysteriously awash with these points comparison charts from random date A to random date B arbitrarily chosen to offer the illusion of equality.

The only points comparison chart of any interest is the final league table at the end of each season.
Don’t forget the expected rather than actual goals.

Micah's harmless enough he just isnt the brightest spanner in the tool box , he gets criticised for not being bias enough , but really that's a compliment , twats like Carragher and Murphy are just brainwashed Dippers and they shoehorn the Dippers into anything and everything.
Their favourite saying is ourselves and the Dippers are the two best teams in the world , but only one team can be the best in the world and its not Clubshop and his merrymen , the Dippers may consider themselves to be second best, which is debatable but we are the bestand have been for a long time look at our trophy cabinet Dippers , you four trophies of note in a decade under Klippety isnt cutting it

I think it’s always a bit harsh on Micah to say not the brightest, I get where he is not as articulate etc. but if you don’t want to go in coaching or management then pundit is the way to go (arguably it’s the best of the bunch).

Then Sky/ BBC is great and he has managed to be on them. He’s probably got more going on than he gets credit for and probably plays up to the camera a bit.

On Liverpool, yes it’s a bit crazy although I do feel they want to represent the PL as more even then it is (we’re clearly better and it takes a bad patch or a off it season from us, for someone else to win).

You’re aware of the bizarre “I’m a superfan” mindset amongst some blue moon posters which manifests itself in criticising blues who leave early or go for a beer at HT or sing on the concourse etc etc.

Another way that this bizarre affliction rears its ugly head is in criticism of ex players in the media.
Anything less than rabid unconditional praise for City in every imaginable scenario marks these pundits out as anti city. It can be something as trivial as agreeing with a booking that a City player receives or something as absurd as a mates wife’s cousin’s babysitter’s teacher saw Hinchy smile once in a restaurant when Liverpool scored.

The (poorly) hidden subtext to all their silly ramblings is “I’m a massive blue, look at me”

Obviously never been a player so can’t say for certain, but assume you obviously become less of a fan.

You will become fixated on the team you play for and what’s best for that team and ideally yourself.

He was an Arsenal fan, KDB was a Liverpool fan, Carragher an Everton fan, Grealish wanted United to win the league over City when he was a kid.

To think after a playing career they go back to their boyhood club is crazy, it is going to be the team they are associated and if they are still involved with a club in any capacity, that.

Richard’s started supporting Arsenal because he loved watching Ian Wright play and as a kid wanted to play for them.

A lot has changed since then.

I couldn't care less who he'd played for or supported. The point is he's a dreadful pundit.

Depends on your view of a pundit, Sky are definitely favouring the mates at the pub banter talking football over anything too in depth.

There are some amazing podcasts and x feeds that provide wonderful tactical insight out there (but they are not as popular as things such as the Overlap).

I’d say the whole what a pundit is or what you want out of a pundit has changed as opposed to he is a bad one.

Nedum is always good value for more in depth and very polished way of describing and breaking down complex tactics for people to understand.

Depends on your view of a pundit, Sky are definitely favouring the mates at the pub banter talking football over anything too in depth.

There are some amazing podcasts and x feeds that provide wonderful tactical insight out there (but they are not as popular as things such as the Overlap).

I’d say the whole what a pundit is or what you want out of a pundit has changed as opposed to he is a bad one.

Nedum is always good value for more in depth and very polished way of describing and breaking down complex tactics for people to understand.
You ask a question then answer it.

You ask a question then answer it.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you but trying to say Micah is not a bad pundit.

It’s just what you are looking for and Sky are different.

It’s really changed over the years and even more so now.

I think it’s fairer to say not what you look for in a pundit rather then bad, as I’m sure Sky have plenty on the roster and a bad pundit would not get many games.

Michael was a genuinely bad pundit and his work on the main Uk channels dried up because of it, no tactical insight nor any banter.

FWIW I think everything is getting dumbed down, with people watching whilst on their phones, WA groups etc. It’s not just football.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you but trying to say Micah is not a bad pundit.

It’s just what you are looking for and Sky are different.

It’s really changed over the years and even more so now.

I think it’s fairer to say not what you look for in a pundit rather then bad, as I’m sure Sky have plenty on the roster and a bad pundit would not get many games.

Michael was a genuinely bad pundit and his work on the main Uk channels dried up because of it, no tactical insight nor any banter.

FWIW I think everything is getting dumbed down, with people watching whilst on their phones, WA groups etc. It’s not just football.
Never a truer paragraph than that last one.

Micah's harmless enough he just isnt the brightest spanner in the tool box ,
But savvy enough to be running a multi million pound property business with multiple homes in Leeds and Manchester.
Started when he was 18 years old ..to ensure he had something else to fall back on after his playing career ended.
Smart move.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.