Micah Richards the pundit

He seems decent enough bloke but his ott laughter and loudness is cringeworthy now. For a while was fun and different but nowadays he responds by throwing his head about and his loud laughter at even the most banal conversations with himself, Lineker and Shearer its just unlistenable/watchable. Shame as his stories and honesty about the professional game would be quite interesting if he just quietened down for 2 minutes. Then again im just a lazy middle aged guy nowadays so doubt i'm his target audience anyway.

He seems decent enough bloke but his ott laughter and loudness is cringeworthy now. For a while was fun and different but nowadays he responds by throwing his head about and his loud laughter at even the most banal conversations with himself, Lineker and Shearer its just unlistenable/watchable. Shame as his stories and honesty about the professional game would be quite interesting if he just quietened down for 2 minutes. Then again im just a lazy middle aged guy nowadays so doubt i'm his target audience anyway.
Not sure who his target audience is but I agree is he cringe and nauseating. Same with that West Ham guy Carlton and little wittle Dan bad fashion Sturridge

Fine, 12 years then. He had a knee injury for the last two years of his career that kept him from playing. Anyway, that's not the point. 1 year, 5 years, 12 years, 200 years, split hairs, it's more than any of us has done.

True thats coz we ain't professional footballers, I know a woman who has worked at Greggs for 30 yrs, nice woman infectious laugh.

Surely punditry is aimed at lazy middle aged guys.

Youngsters have their lives to live, girls to meet, places to be etc. They aren't sat at home for ages pre and post match listening to a bunch of middle aged men go on and on about not very much really.

The explosion in punditry is one of the most sickening things about the modern game. We don't need em, we don't want em but we get them foisted on us. Bar the very biggest matches all we need is a 2 minute intro, a quick chat at HT and 5 or 10 mins after the final whistle. One presenter, one pundit (who can also be the co comm) and that's it.

Some people are waaaaaaay too touchy. Micah is a city legend and a really nice guy. He does defend city and he does know his football. Yes he's loud, yes he's seen as a joker, but for city fans to shit all over one of our own ex players for no deep rooted reason is really damning to some of our fanbase. Focus your hatred on the likes of Carragher, Neville and the TV executives who push the red shirt propaganda.

No he isn't... As has been said the word legend definitely gets thrown around far far too much.

Some people are waaaaaaay too touchy. Micah is a city legend and a really nice guy. He does defend city and he does know his football. Yes he's loud, yes he's seen as a joker, but for city fans to shit all over one of our own ex players for no deep rooted reason is really damning to some of our fanbase. Focus your hatred on the likes of Carragher, Neville and the TV executives who push the red shirt propaganda.
He is no legend and for the last time he is a self confessed arse who cheered when they score against us

The explosion in punditry is one of the most sickening things about the modern game. We don't need em, we don't want em but we get them foisted on us. Bar the very biggest matches all we need is a 2 minute intro, a quick chat at HT and 5 or 10 mins after the final whistle. One presenter, one pundit (who can also be the co comm) and that's it.
I'd say there's considerably less punditry and commentary now than there was 10 years ago. Used to get quite detailed and lengthy discussions, I don't see as much of that anymore.

Surely punditry is aimed at lazy middle aged guys.

Youngsters have their lives to live, girls to meet, places to be etc. They aren't sat at home for ages pre and post match listening to a bunch of middle aged men go on and on about not very much really.

But that wouldn't allow for them to have a diverse balance

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.