Micah Richards

FantasyIreland said:
Thaksinssoldier said:
Those writing him off forget that he was preferred over Zab by Pellers to do a job against Ribery in the CL. Unlucky that he got injured.

I think this season has been a write off for him, and as someone stated, starting him in a team full of squad players isn't helping him. He needs time to gel back in with the first team, and I can't see that chance coming until the off season barring injury to Zab.

Its not just this season though is it?

For the past few his reliability,regardless of reason,has become a problem that cannot continue.

TBF, it's this season and last season. Did pretty well in the title winning season rotating with Zab until the last few games. You make a fair point though

Micah seems to divide opinion.

Is he the new Edin Dzeko or Mancini ?

He's a lovely lad and blue through and through. He bleeds blue bllod he really does.

In fact, when his contract ends he'll get a chance to prove it. He can offer to play on a pay-per-play contract. He doesn't want to milk us hard working fans of our hard-earned dough through the turnstiles while he's raking in £80K per week while he's stretched out on the physio's bench or tripping the light fantastic in some swanky wine bar does he ? A true blue would have the club's interests at heart and they don't come any bluer than our Micah. You'll see.

It's going to be interesting. Will he stay or will he abandon us for a guaranteed pay-day ?

CITYBOY1000 said:

He's a lovely lad and blue through and through. He bleeds blue bllod he really does.

In fact, when his contract ends he'll get a chance to prove it. He can offer to play on a pay-per-play contract. He doesn't want to milk us hard working fans of our hard-earned dough through the turnstiles while he's raking in £80K per week while he's stretched out on the physio's bench or tripping the light fantastic in some swanky wine bar does he ? A true blue would have the club's interests at heart and they don't come any bluer than our Micah. You'll see.

It's going to be interesting. Will he stay or will he abandon us for a guaranteed pay-day ?

What a load of shit. So if he isn't offered a contract but is elsewhere he's supposed to just stay here for free because he's a blue? Would you stay at your job for free and turn down another that is offering a lot of money? No you wouldn't. Football is his job at the end of the day and if the sad day comes where we let him go I won't begrudge him going elsewhere to earn a living.

leighton said:
Maybe Micah's day as a right back is over at the club. I wouldnt rule him out of the squad completely. Look at him and I compare Micah to defenders we have in the squad. A fully fit Micah would make my bench every week if not starting. I think with the way our central pairing is going its only a matter of time before Micah and Vinny are giving a chance to play as a central back pairing. He has played there before for the club so the position isnt new to him and has done well enough. I think that is the position if I was Micah I would be looking at playing. Get a game or 2 there alongside Vinny and look good and who knows we might have saved ourselfs a couple of million to buy a new center back. What he does need no matter what he needs to get back into the match day squad and get some minutes on the pitch then build on that in the pre season. Regarding a new contract whats left on his current 1??? I am guessing Micah wouldnt be looking for big bucks and who knows he might be happy to resign on the same money. Injuries always play a part but a healthy Richards and match fit is 1 I think could do us a job for years to come.

A player to bring in for the right back Coleman off Everton he would push Zaba on and on.

1) Two million for a decent centre back? Yes please.

2) He's hardly going to be offered an increase.

To outsiders, letting go of Richards would send out the wrong message about where we want this club to go. Many people outside of City will only remember him as the Micah Richards of 2011 who tore Manchester United to pieces at Old Trafford almost by himself. They won't be happy that we'll be selling an academy product because of something he can't help. But the harsh reality is that Micah's injuries are setting him back years and allowing Zabaleta to take strides away from him as our #1 choice for the RB position. No longer can Richards combine pace with power like he used to purely because he may stretch too far and pull yet another muscle. It's sad, but it's beginning to feel like the truth.

A few months ago I was absolutely livid that he was left out of the England squad, but now I barely consider him for selection. I fear that he's another Jimmy Bullard or Louis Saha, i.e. someone who was never able to achieve his full potential because of how injury prone he is. It's heartbreaking really, because I feel like he'd succeed elsewhere if we sold him, but he's never been able to get a run of games together because as soon as he starts showing some progress he trips over his own feet and pulls a calf.

Richards needs to provide support and competition for Zabaleta, but he can't do that from the treatment table. Zabaleta is one of the few players in the squad who we absolutely cannot afford to lose, and even his form has been suffering from it recently. He was run ragged by Hazard, was quiet against Norwich and Stoke and he seems more reluctant to go forward on the overlap than any time in the last 12 months. We're less of an attacking force at the moment because that option of having Zabaleta bombing on down the outside isn't there. I don't remember much of Zabaleta's now trademark runs against Sunderland either.

And unfortunately, I think this all comes down to Richards. He'll be given a chance against Wigan to see if he can make it through 90 minutes without being injured. He might look better with Kompany behind him - hopefully Pellegrini has learnt that Lescott and Demichelis don't work as a CB pairing and never will do as long as we play a high line - but I can't see him producing a run of good games because he's never far off being someone else in the squad who takes a massive salary but can't be fit for any games.

I love Richards to bits. He's an integral part of how close our squad seems to be at the moment. His laugh is infectious and he'd be the first on my list for the ultimate dinner party. But that doesn't make him the standard of RB we now require. With the likes of Nathaniel Clyne, Shay Facey and even the likes of Van Rhijn progressing nicely I don't feel it will be long before we, sadly, see the back of Micah. It really is a shame as I think he could be fantastic if he just got his fitness in check, but I've been saying that for a good 7 years now. I just wish him luck for the future wherever he goes. Once a blue...

CITYBOY1000 said:

I've seen some rubbish posted on this forum before, but this wins hands down

RandomJ said:
CITYBOY1000 said:

What a load of shit. So if he isn't offered a contract but is elsewhere he's supposed to just stay here for free because he's a blue? Would you stay at your job for free and turn down another that is offering a lot of money? No you wouldn't. Football is his job at the end of the day and if the sad day comes where we let him go I won't begrudge him going elsewhere to earn a living.

Hairy muff.

You'll understand then that the club has "a job" to do as well and if he's perma-crocked they have to let him go, regardless of whether he's a blue ?

Being a blue doesn't pay Micah's wages and being a blue doesn't help the team when he's on the physio's bench all the time.

We are agreeing really Random.<br /><br />-- Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:06 am --<br /><br />
mansour's tow ropes said:
CITYBOY1000 said:

Are you at least going to try and explain yourself Mansour ? Why is it rubbish ?

Sort of Micah related, but does anyone know how Trippier is doing at Burnley? From whatever I see he always seems to be doing well and he's apparently got 13 assists this year and, according to the ever reliable wikipedia, he was in the Championship team of the year last year. Probably not good enough for us, but he would be a like for like replacement for Micah in terms of academy produced RB, but one who could actually stay fit? Probably a no-goer, but anyone watch much of the championship able to comment on whether he's remotely good enough to do a job as cover for Zab?

CITYBOY1000 said:
RandomJ said:
CITYBOY1000 said:

Hairy muff.

You'll understand then that the club has "a job" to do as well and if he's perma-crocked they have to let him go, regardless of whether he's a blue ?

Being a blue doesn't pay Micah's wages and being a blue doesn't help the team when he's on the physio's bench all the time.

We are agreeing really Random.

-- Fri Mar 07, 2014 1:06 am --

mansour's tow ropes said:
CITYBOY1000 said:

Are you at least going to try and explain yourself Mansour ? Why is it rubbish ?

the whole idea that he should give up any sort of basic wage in order to 'prove' himself, basically blackmailing him just because he's been here a long time.. well, I don't think it was a serious suggestion

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.