Micah Richards

For sentimental reasons I would love Micah Richards to remain at the club and play a part in our future. But with only one season left on his current deal and with him not playing too many games in the past couple of seasons it is unlikely he will be here next season.

Rascal said:
Keep Micah.

Its simple, hes a Blue
I wish it were this simple.

If we were fighting to stay in the Premier League rather than win it I'd be right with you.

But having one RB available for 4 competitions isn't acceptable.

He has until the end of this season to prove his fitness or else I think it'll be time for him to seek pastures new.

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
Rascal said:
Keep Micah.

Its simple, hes a Blue

If we were fighting to stay in the Premier League rather than win it I'd be right with you.

He has until the end of this season to prove his fitness or else I think it'll be time for him to seek pastures new.

He is mid 20s why get rid?

We know what he can do and when he gets over his niggles he will be fine

Rascal said:
Rascal said:
Keep Micah.

Its simple, hes a Blue

His "niggles" reoccur too frequently for him to be a reliable option. Everytime he's out he needs regular game time to recover, he won't get that as second choice right back.
I love Micah to bits, he's been here since he was a kid and is as blue as they come.
Sentiment aside, we need quality reliable cover, and Micah is falling short in that respect.

Rascal said:
Rascal said:
Keep Micah.

Its simple, hes a Blue

Why get rid ?

£80K per week for being stretched out on the physio's bench ? Good enough reason for me.

stony said:
Rascal said:

His "niggles" reoccur too frequently for him to be a reliable option. Everytime he's out he needs regular game time to recover, he won't get that as second choice right back.
I love Micah to bits, he's been here since he was a kid and is as blue as they come.
Sentiment aside, we need quality reliable cover, and Micah is falling short in that respect.

From the recent comments attributed to City about getting Micah fit, I assume this period coming up will be like a trial to see if he reaches & maintains the level required. I recon we will see him in action again soon & he will be expected to be sharp & stay that way, otherwise..

Rascal said:
Rascal said:
Keep Micah.

Its simple, hes a Blue

We've been waiting for Richards to get over his niggles for the best part of half a decade, while the likes of Kieran Trippier, Reece Wabara and Shaleum Logan have been sold on without being given a chance in the first team. When does one niggle after another become too many?

Richards has made a total of 17 appearances in two years and isn't even showing any signs of making that same amount before the end of this calendar year. He has to go if he can't prove his fitness.

Neville Kneville said:
stony said:
Rascal said:

From the recent comments attributed to City about getting Micah fit, I assume this period coming up will be like a trial to see if he reaches & maintains the level required. I recon we will see him in action again soon & he will be expected to be sharp & stay that way, otherwise..

I hope he makes it. I remember a few years ago when he first broke through and the rags(amongst others) where all sniffing round him.
At the time Micah was lodging with the parents of a poster on mancityfans.net and did a question and answer thing for the forum.
He came across as a great lad(he was still a teenager at the time) and his affection for the club was clear.
I can only imagine that his affection has deepened over the years and it would be a sad day for him(same as it was for SWP) if he is sold.

stony said:
Neville Kneville said:
stony said:

I hope he makes it. I remember a few years ago when he first broke through and the rags(amongst others) where all sniffing round him.
At the time Micah was lodging with the parents of a poster on mancityfans.net and did a question and answer thing for the forum.
He came across as a great lad(he was still a teenager at the time) and his affection for the club was clear.
I can only imagine that his affection has deepened over the years and it would be a sad day for him(same as it was for SWP) if he is sold.

That's exactly why I believe he'll go for the 'pay-per-play' contract.

He's already a millionnaire and too much of a blue to rip us fans off. This suggestion seemed to anger some of the 'Micah-lovers' but I can only see the logic in it really.

It works for Micah and it works for the club/fans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.